Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's wrong with being a housewife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1051 Replies
90 moms liked this
Do you have an issue with the husband being the sole breadwinner and the wife staying home and housekeeping and child rearing?

I am perhaps a little old fashioned and love the fact that my husband works and I stay home and make sure that he comes home to a clean house and a warm meal on the table. I think one of the problems with this country (USA) is that all of the families values have greatly depreciated and morals are at an all time low. Why is it looked down upon to stay home and teach your children and work hard for your family.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:02 AM
32 moms liked this

Lol, no problem with it at all. I'm a SAHM and will be a SAHW afterwards :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM
25 moms liked this

Both parents whould have to support their kids financially. If that same husband left her ass, she'd be hauling him into court to give her money. Women should work just like the men and no sitting home all da and watching kiddie shows is not work

Terikins
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM
5 moms liked this

I never wanted to be a sahw/sahm,but now that I am...I love it (:

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM
4 moms liked this
NOTHING. Enjoy your life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I just simulated self rape while reading this. That is my opinion on this too.

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:04 AM
24 moms liked this
TROLL \/

Quoting Anonymous:

Both parents whould have to support their kids financially. If that same husband left her ass, she'd be hauling him into court to give her money. Women should work just like the men and no sitting home all da and watching kiddie shows is not work

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM
2 moms liked this

SaHM and WAHM are not real jobs either. Only working outside the home is real. Selling Avon and MaryKay isnt a WAHM ffssmfh.

RedMatador09
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM
57 moms liked this

There is nothing wrong with a stay at home parent.  But  having a parent at home has absolutely nothing to do with values  and morals. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM

think what you want

Quoting lalaboosh:

TROLL \/

Quoting Anonymous:

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM
59 moms liked this

You're new here, aren't you? lol

There are many, MANY stay at home mom's here. There are many, MANY working mom's here. There are many, MANY work from home mom's here. It's a great big ol' melting pot here. 

I think you (general) should do whatever is best for your family and leave other mom's alone about their choice. 

I've been both a working mom and a stay at home mom. Both have their own set of pros and cons. I stay at home now, but only because I am disabled. If I could go to work tomorrow, I'd be all over it!! I miss being in the nursing field. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN