Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been up a while this morning and have come to two conclusions.

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 69 Replies
I've been up a good four hours. I made CC cookies and did a basic clean of my kitchen. Bf and Steven (ds) are asleep. Eating fresh baked cookies in an unusually unorganized kitchen when the only one awake will make you think. My prime thought was "what the fuck am I doing with my life". I just got a job that's from 4-8 AM weekday mornings. My bf can't get a job and were living with my mom. I mean besides my job I do whatever my family needs. I pack lunches make breakfast and dinners take sibling to appointments. I do anything my mom asks like last week she needed a dress brought back to kolhs to get a security tag removed and a ring from her collection then delivered to work. So I got it done.
I do nothing but watch a 10 month old with my bf all day. TV parks beach really not much.
So I realized that I'm not using my time properly. I'm 19 I'm not old I've got a chance to make changes. The first will start with my kitchen which needs a deep cleaning with hot vinegar and hot bleach water.
The second is I'm going to go back to school. I'm going to get a degree or certification in something but I need more then a 20/ hr per week job packing boxes into bags at UPS for 9.50 an hour.
I don't know what for but I'm going to the community collage on Monday and am going to get a list of all offer courses. Next ill apply for the pell grant and anything else I can. It's education or bust and with my son I can't afford not to succeed.

On a side note the cookies are amazing.
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loving.life
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Advice for school... take business classes.

Good for you!!! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Why they hell can't your boyfriend get a job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Not to be a bitch because I'm overweight myself, but eating cookies first thing in the morning is not exactly a good idea.

Good luck with everything else.
Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM
No one calls back. Around here you have to know people. My mom got me into my new job.

Quoting JenB1983:

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Stick with this line of thinking!
Ditch the loser if he wont work and wont step up in taking care of things!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Lol my sis just got up and told me the same. I think it's good for the soul once in a while. I probably won't touch sweets for a week after this. It's weird I'm not a usual morning eater either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to be a bitch because I'm overweight myself, but eating cookies first thing in the morning is not exactly a good idea.

Good luck with everything else.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My best advice to you learn the difference between collage and college.

Good luck.
LitNut
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Starting college was the best thing I managed to do right after I had my son. You'll be happy you did it. I agree with another poster: take at least one business class. They're useful even if it bored me to death, haha. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Where there is a will there is a way.
I live in a small town and even.I knew as a teen looking for work, don't wait for them to call you. You call, show up, shows them you are determined and shows interest.

Quoting Taylorzoe:

No one calls back. Around here you have to know people. My mom got me into my new job.

Quoting JenB1983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Good job. But I have advice. Take it or leave it

I spent 25k on a college degree. I am not using it.

If bf isn't getting call backs, he needs to walk in and say 'hi I am so and so checking up on my application '

Check with your local municipalities for work. I was laid off three years ago. I was devastated. That was my hot ticket. I have since climbed my way up and am.doing phenomenal plus I work.9 miles from home.

Two jobs is always better than one. And dont forget to look at off and end jobs. Old people homes animal shelters. Those places are usually always hiring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)