Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just can't spend her money!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 14 Replies
Recently I posted all my baby gear on a local yard sale site!! All I wanted was $200 for everything. Not bc we needed the money but bc it was all just taking up too much space!

Well ppl loved my stuff and wanted to pay top $ to ensure they got what they wanted!! Then I get an email from a girl who will pay $200 for everything I had left. Car seat, swing, bath tub, and various misc. items.

I go and meet the girl and make the exchange. While I was at her place I noticed no food, no diapers and the only baby stuff she had for her baby was a few clothes ( I should tell you she lived in a very tiny bachelor pad) and the baby was sleeping in a drawer. she made it up really cute and I could tell she was doing her best with what she had and I left.

Now I have made almost $600 and I want to give said girl her money back...

Am I being to judgemental and assuming she has nothing?

WWYD

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM
BUMP
Chunkymunkey922
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this
No. I would just put it all on a gift card and mail it to her if that is you feel the need to do. I think it is a great thing!
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
BUMP
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM
5 moms liked this
Could you take the money and buy a crib and tell her you forgot that was included with all the other stuff she already bought? That way baby can get out of the drawer and have a bed.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
This!! WHat a wonderful idea!

Quoting Anonymous:

Could you take the money and buy a crib and tell her you forgot that was included with all the other stuff she already bought? That way baby can get out of the drawer and have a bed.
EmilyG10
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
the babys bed was a dresser drawer? it's give the money back or atleast by a crib
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Send her money anonymously and make her day!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I would a get a card.   Write on the inside that after much consoderation you have concluded that her and the baby could use the money more than you could.    Then stick the 200 back in there and drop it in her mailbox.   You could also include your phone number and offer to be there if she needs anyone to talk to.

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the crib idea, I honestly don't know where she would put it, I could get her a play pen and just show up and give it to her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN