Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you experience sibling rivalry growing up?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 195 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you experience sibling rivalry growing up?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 386

View Results

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I didn't. My brothers are 18, 17, 16, 14, and 12 years older than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yes with my sister no with my brother. Couldn't really vote

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Well we had our arguments as kids. Nothing major. We get along very well.

Now my brothers will fight with one another a lot. They used to share an apartment so tensions got high. :p They do a lot together though.
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yes! My brother and I were only 10 months apart and would fight over everything. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

None that I was aware of, we were pretty close knit, the 5 kids .

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Not really. Maybe if I had sisters, but I was the only girl. I have 5 brothers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

There are certainly more animosity between us than competition.  I feel it stems from our parents because they were too immature and/or clueless to know how to handle our normal, natural stages of childhood development.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
No. My sister and I stuck together. Between a drunk dad and a mom who would work and ignore the issues with my dad, we had to stick together. Did we fight? Yea. But in the end, even now years later we stick by each other. I'm 28 and she's now 26 and we are best friends and sisters.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My brother and I are Irish twins. We rarely got along growing up. Now that we are adults we get along just fine. 

Photo: -Randi.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I was raised an only child after my parents had raised other kids.  They were grown when I came along.  So while I didn't have to deal with sibling rivalry, I did have to deal with grown women being jealous and resentful of me because I was able to do more than they did growing up and have more than they had because 1) my parents no longer had a house full of kids to care for, only one and 2) my parents were later in life and had a better financial picture than when they had raised them.  In the end, I have absolutely nothing to do with the other "siblings" because they couldn't get over themselves and always treated me badly.  I don't need that and my husband and kids don't need to deal with that either.  So we don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)