Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aaah, I'm going to shoot a wedding...I'm nervous. First time.

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 58 Replies

My sil is getting married and asked me to be the photographer, I am a photographer but I've never done a wedding before...I'm nervous lol.

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Good luck! It's a hard job, but if she trusted you with it then I'm sure you can handle it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Lets see some of your previous work, please?

LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting lunabella79:

Good luck! It's a hard job, but if she trusted you with it then I'm sure you can handle it!

Thank you :) I know I'll be fine with all the action shots, it's all the set up shots I'm nervous about, forgetting important ones or what to do with those cute set up shots...like everyone in the bridal shower jumping, or in a tree lol

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Good luck and have fun!!!

LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lets see some of your previous work, please?

Oh, thank you but no lol. I kind of feel like that is just setting myself up for insults in this group...

Plus, all of the pictures I've taken for work technically belong to them. I can't really post those.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hopefully you are a good photographer and not just a mom with an expensive camera that thinks shes one.  There are no retakes on a wedding shoot.  You screw up and thats it, theres no making it up.  Because you wont show your work makes me think you are just calling yourself a photographer.  Do you even HAVE a studio?

danie24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Good luck and have fun!

I love photographing weddings. There are so many opportunities for gorgeous shots compared to other shoots like family or maternity.

When I do weddings I am there for about 8 hours.

I photograph the girls getting ready, the boys getting ready, the ceremony, reception, dance and everything in between.

The best part about doing weddings (in my opinion) is that you can take more of a photo journalistic approach. They will want portraits, too.. but I love that you can just capture real moments without having to ask people to pose or do this or that.

lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Don't you know that everyone on cm knows better than the next person? I don't care how talented I was at something, I wouldn't put it on here for anyone to judge nor would I need their approval.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hopefully you are a good photographer and not just a mom with an expensive camera that thinks shes one.  There are no retakes on a wedding shoot.  You screw up and thats it, theres no making it up.  Because you wont show your work makes me think you are just calling yourself a photographer.  Do you even HAVE a studio?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Cram it.

Like, really.

Quoting Anonymous:

AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Oh did I offend you?  You must be a fauxtographer too then huh.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Cram it.

Like, really.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured