Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you can't feed your kids, don't have them, that doesn't make it ok to commit fraud

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

My ex and I have 2 kids together, I am remarried and have 2 kids and 1 on the way with my DH. My children with my ex live with my and DH full time and visit my ex every other weekend.

My ex is with someone, not married but living together. She has 3 kids with her various exes and they recently had twins together.

We have a child support order but it is through the court, not child support enforcement. I get $528 a month for 2 kids. Last Thursday (as in over a week ago), I got an paper in the mail from child support enforcement saying that they are going after me for child support. I called right away, confused as to what was going on. I called my ex while I was waiting for them to call me back.

He couldn't come up with a reason until I told him that I am waiting for a call back. He finally admitted that he and his GF had signed up for food stamps because she is no longer working but in order to get more, they claimed our kids, who don't live there. Because they claimed our kids, child support enforcement started a case against me, that's what they do, apparently he signed something they could, however, I guess he didn't realize it.

I went straight to child support enforcement with my court order showing that the kids live with me. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention and closed the case. I then went next door to the welfare office to tell them what my ex was doing.

My ex called on Friday saying that I F**ked him over by reporting it and that now their food stamps have been cut and they might be in further trouble as well. He tried to make me feel bad saying that now they don't know how they are going to feed their kids. Well that is not my problem. they did something stupid and got caught. His GF actually sent me a text (which I will be saving for when we go back to court) calling me a bitch and a cunt and that I should have let them stay on since it's not like I was collecting on them or something. Or I should just told them (ex and GF) to take the kids off of their case.  They knew they weren't supposed to have them on, they chose to anyway.

Oh, this is the same guy who is taking me to court to try to have his child support lowered because he and his GF decided to have babies they can't afford. My lawyer looked over all the info he sent in and said that he should actually be paying me close to $650 based on the fact that he makes more money then he did when the order was put in place. So it will be funny to see his face when the judge raises the CS next month instead of lowering it.

My ex is still harassing me about this so finally I told him that I don't feel bad and if you can't afford to feed your kids, don't have them.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Wow, what a mess I'm sorry mama. Good luck with all that!

all2gethernow
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Wow. What an ass!
bex55
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Good for you? I still will never get why people can't be civil with their child's other parent, makes no sense to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I was actually going to tell the judge not to raise it when we go back to court but after this, I will let him raise it and it won't be my problem.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I can be civil until he uses my kids to commit fraud. Not to mention they were going to make ME pay child support if I didn't correct the situation.

Quoting bex55:

Good for you? I still will never get why people can't be civil with their child's other parent, makes no sense to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Meh, you did the right thing.  Let them rant all they want, who cares.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Serves him right. If they can't feed their children on his pay alone then she needs to be working.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Yeah, it's crazy to me that he thought he was going to get away with it

Quoting all2gethernow:

Wow. What an ass!

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Well, that's fine but don't forget about that thing called Karma..

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I was actually going to tell the judge not to raise it when we go back to court but after this, I will let him raise it and it won't be my problem.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)