Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should EXTREMELY/MORBIDLY obese women conceive? **EDIT**

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 303 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you think that a woman that is MORBIDLY obese and with out children should have kids?

IMO if I were obese I wouldn't want to get pregnant and have kids. If I'm not healthy enough to care for myself then how can I be healthy enough to care for my child. I think it's a bad example, and selfish. Yes I know there are so many other ways of showing bad habits, but I'm strictly talking about obese women.

And before you start. I am ONLY talking about OBESE women w NO kids. Nothing else. I don't care about their reason for being fat, I don't care about their situation or other bad examples. So please stick to the topic.

**** I am not trying to stir the pot. I am asking a question. I'm not saying women that are obese should not have kids either. I am almost 5ft an I weigh 160. According to my BMI I am obese, but looking at me you would never guess my weight. I am really talking about the women that are 100+ over weight and can't move around w out a scooter. I am not judging, and I'm not a bitch. Yes I have my opinion, but that's all it is. I'm not trying to change anyone's life. I'm just curious to know what you think. Also this isn't Fat vs Skinny. Lol, there are so many different body types and to say that either you're fat or skinny is ridiculous. I am curvy. My body is evenly chunky. I do not look obese.

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
22 moms liked this
I'm considered obese and have 3....was considered obese before I got pregnant....and yes, I deserve my children just as much as a skinny bitch!!
Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
8 moms liked this
I never understand this question... "Should so and so be able to have kids"... I don't fucking know!! Why should I have an opinion? It's not my business who has kids and who does not. It's not my decision to make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
5 moms liked this

As long as you are able to have sex and conceive ..

obese or not...a child can be born..

like it or not.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they should.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
11 moms liked this
Cause all thin mothers are great mothers and all obese mothers are bad mothers... how stupid. Your parenting skills have nothing to do with your weight.
Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
According to my BMI and height I am obese. I'm evenly fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm considered obese and have 3....was considered obese before I got pregnant....and yes, I deserve my children just as much as a skinny bitch!!

Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
*waits for someone to say they shouldn't so they can enlighten me with their solution*

Sterilization?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Yea that's the shit that says I'm obese....I don't believe it. I don't feel or look obese!!

Quoting Tairy-Hesticles:

According to my BMI and height I am obese. I'm evenly fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Obese is like only 30lbs over weight, that's a lot of women you think shouldn't have kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Here's my obese self....the bmi charts can suck it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)