Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh......that is all

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

I feel so shitty.  I feel tired, ughly and fat.  I am stuck in a funk so I decided to blow dry my hair, put on some make up and wear something other than yoga pants. My neck and under my chin is still swollen. ): I plan on getting a haircut later this week to make myself feel better. Any ideas? 

(yes, I am feeling sorry for myself apparently that is normal when the thyroid hormones is leaving your system) 

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Is that a scar on your neck? That's scary :(

You should get some fun eyeliner. I rarely wear makeup, but when I do, it's like being a little kid - I have about ten colors of eyeliner and twice that of eyeshadow. It's fun to color!

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yeah, I had surgery on Tuesday. They removed my thyroid due to Cancer. My neck is still swollen a bit. ): That is why I feel like crap. 

I have only ever worn black eye liner. May have to look into a fun color. (:

Quoting B1Bomber:

You should get some fun eyeliner. I rarely wear makeup, but when I do, it's like being a little kid - I have about ten colors of eyeliner and twice that of eyeshadow. It's fun to color!

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM

why are the hormones leaving your system? aren't you on synthroid?

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Nope. I have to do RAI in 6 weeks and my Endo does not do the thyrogen (sp) shots, so no hormone meds for me. Life is gonna suck I think. 

I cried earlier because I forgot where I put my debit and military ID. ): 

Quoting Foolynroo2:

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I'm sorry :(

But yeah, I have gold, silver, grey, brown, black, green, copper, blue, purple...I think a lighter color would really brighten up your eyes and highlight that pretty color you've got :)

Quoting vetNmommy:

Yeah, I had surgery on Tuesday. They removed my thyroid due to Cancer. My neck is still swollen a bit. ): That is why I feel like crap. 

I have only ever worn black eye liner. May have to look into a fun color. (:

Quoting B1Bomber:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I think you would look nice with eyebrow length bangs. Don't cut any length off Yoyr hair, but a pretty frame would look great too. And if you're feeling super bold, I would try a darker, more richer hair color like a deep chocolate brown :)

And lip gloss: )
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I have done the straight across bangs like that with a chocolate brown. LOVED it, but I was skinnier. ): I just had my hair colored a chocoalte brown with a few pink highlights, it has mostly all faded already. ): It has only been a month. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you would look nice with eyebrow length bangs. Don't cut any length off Yoyr hair, but a pretty frame would look great too. And if you're feeling super bold, I would try a darker, more richer hair color like a deep chocolate brown :)

And lip gloss: )

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

So they took your thyroid and are not going to be replacing the hormones ?

that sounds odd?

Quoting vetNmommy:

Nope. I have to do RAI in 6 weeks and my Endo does not do the thyrogen (sp) shots, so no hormone meds for me. Life is gonna suck I think. 

Quoting Foolynroo2:

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

They will after I do Radioactive Iodine treatment.  Until then I can not be on anything. They want me to go super hypo so the pills (rai) get rid of any remaining thyroid tissue, so I have a lesser chance of the cancer coming back.  Two days after this I will be placed on Synthoid.  But it is 6 weeks from now.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

that sounds odd?

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Thats insane, you have to endure radiation while suffering the symptoms with the hormones.

Ugh... I hope you have a good support system.

Try to remember the depression is just chemical try not to give into it.

((hugs))

Quoting vetNmommy:

They will after I do Radioactive Iodine treatment.  Until then I can not be on anything. They want me to go super hypo so the pills (rai) get rid of any remaining thyroid tissue, so I have a lesser chance of the cancer coming back.  Two days after this I will be placed on Synthoid.  But it is 6 weeks from now.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

that sounds odd?

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)