Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My marriage is over....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My marriage is over and I'm just now coming to the realization. I'm 37 years old, my kids are grown, well almost, my dd is 19 and my ds is 17. So at least I don't have to worry about breaking up their home. 

A few years ago my dh had a one night stand, he felt horrible about it and confessed immediately, but they had an emotional relationship before they slept together, he said that right then he knew he was wrong and that he lved me. I decided to try to forgive him so we could move on. I have been with him basically all my life, since I was 15. I don't know anything but to be with him. 

I thought I could get over it but I think about it still everyday, I just can't seem to let go. Well I met a guy at a bar and grill that me and my girlfriends were hanging out at, I gave him my phone number and we've talked everyday since then. Nothing sexual, mild flirtation. I do not love this guy, nor do I see myself doing anything with him, but it's nice to get the attention. Well today he asked me if I wanted to go out next weekend and my first reaction was yes.

That was when I finally realized my marriage is over, if I were over what my dh did I wouldn't have said yes, if I were happy in my marriage I wouldn't have said yes. I do love my dh, but I don't know how I can make this work any longer...

I am just at a complete lose and I can't believe that I just figured this out without a fight or tears... It's like I knew it all along, I'm just now excepting it... 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Wow! This sounds like a hot mess!
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Good luck sweetie. I know it couldn't have been easy. Trust me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Thank you, I just don't really know what to do now...

Quoting briellesmomma:

Good luck sweetie. I know it couldn't have been easy. Trust me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

It's not really, we get along. The last time we had a fight was when he confessed that he cheated on me... I'm just done with our marriage. Not really messy, we wont have to fight in court because our kids are basically grown....

Quoting Anonymous:

RedMatador09
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Sounds like you two just exist as friends.  I would sit down and have an honest conversation with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM

At this point, we pretty much do.

Quoting RedMatador09:

Sounds like you two just exist as friends.  I would sit down and have an honest conversation with him.

GwenGray
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

this

Quoting RedMatador09:

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I plan on enlisting into the army as soon as possible to serve my country and see some action. I have a great boy friend who loves my kids as much as I love them! If you are interested in belly dance or sword fighting but don't know where to start, go a head and ask me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Married people...at bars..wonder why? Weird
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I would start looking for your own place to live and a job to support yourself. If you're done with your marriage you need to figure out how to stand alone before starting a new relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I hope u have a job to support yourself at least

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not really, we get along. The last time we had a fight was when he confessed that he cheated on me... I'm just done with our marriage. Not really messy, we wont have to fight in court because our kids are basically grown....

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN