If you work at all in customer service or in food you have pet peeves. After a particularly long stupidly ridiculous weekend of 9 straight hrs on my feet serving brats with Daddy's credit card. . . these are mine.
1. If i'm talking to you, asking questions to clarify your order. talk back, if you are in front of me, make eye contact. I'm not asking for my health. I don't want to deal with you bitching if it's made to recipe and that's not how you wanted it.
2. Don't start with "I need..." You NEED air. you don't NEED a 700 calorie beverage that costs 8 bucks. Sry. but you don't.
3. If I ask if it's Iced... don't give me the WTF face. Coffee, lattes, and the like come HOT. ITS COFFEE. That's how we make it to recipe, iced or otherwise is a WHOLE different scenario.
4. A cappucino.... It's half foam folks. That's the point. Foam is sweet and delicious. Don't let it sit for a half hr and then bitch b/c "You only filled it up halfway with milk..." That's the point. Know what you are asking for.
5. If you ask for something light ... or skinny.... and then dump a half bottle of caramel drizzle, or whipped cream on it. Know we judge you like no other. . . oh and that "healthy blueberry muffin" youre double fisting... has more calories sugar and fat then a brownie. Just saying.
6. Don't order at the window. Just don't. Its rude.
*edit* There is a speaker box to order at. If you order at the window, all the people behind you, who ordered in the right place, are going to have to wait while we put everyone elses order inside and behind you, aside to make room for the ones "you" couldn't order in the correct area. Which doesn't sound like a big deal to most, but that means prepping, steaming, drawing shots, topping... all of which take time. Then wait times go up, we have to give free stuff out becuase of wait times, simply because "you" decided to be oblivious.
7. Don't pitch a hissy fit over wait times. We are going as fast as humanly possible, only so many things can happen at once, and if you bitch loud enough? Chances are we will decaf your ass out of spite.
*whew* I feel a bit better. Especially since I have to smile and deal at work. At least I can gripe here!
Anyone wanna add? lol.