Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im free!!! divorce is almost over!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well I haven't been on in a while. I posted on here a long time ago that I was ready to leave my husband. Well I did a few months ago. Got a lawyer and got everything going as well as a custody order. I feel so much better. I let him keep the house etc except my car. I feel like I can take a breath with out having to explain myself. I can go have coffee with my mom with out heaving to have a set time to be back. No more screaming and hollering from him all the time. Im glad I did it now why ds is young so this wont be anything new for him while growing up. I hate that our marriage didn't work but I was the only one fighting for it. Just wanted to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling exactly! Congrats for being strong! :-)
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you can now move on. I hope you find everything you want on your new journey.
fallenstars
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Thank you. I feel like I could shout it to the world. I didn't realize exactly how much I missed my family until I left him. Its so nice to have freedom. I actually got together with a friend of mine a few nights ago and had dinner. I hadn't seen her since I married him 5 years ago.

Quoting Scarlet_begonia:

I know the feeling exactly! Congrats for being strong! :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
congrats
Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
notyoursoryours
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!! Congrats!
fallenstars
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM
My focus is on my kids. Being the best mom I can be. And to do that I have to be happy myself. I've noticed how happy they are now to. We had to start over completely but it was worth it. I still have to get some furniture in my new place but they've been enjoying having picnics and stuff lol. They have all of their bedroom stuff tho so they're happy.

Quoting firespurity:

I'm glad you can now move on. I hope you find everything you want on your new journey.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Woo-hoo! Let's parrrtaaayyyyy!!!! ;)
fallenstars
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I went and had a few drinks the other night. My mom had the kids. I haven't done that since my 21st birthday. I felt wild lol. Not making a habit of it that's for sure lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Woo-hoo! Let's parrrtaaayyyyy!!!! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM
glad they are happy. Is your ex staying involved with the children?

Quoting fallenstars:

My focus is on my kids. Being the best mom I can be. And to do that I have to be happy myself. I've noticed how happy they are now to. We had to start over completely but it was worth it. I still have to get some furniture in my new place but they've been enjoying having picnics and stuff lol. They have all of their bedroom stuff tho so they're happy.

Quoting firespurity:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)