Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm suing the store for my broken toe!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok not really but I did stub my poor toe on a display at the store and it started gushing blood and the nail cracked.

Is there anything I can put on it that will stay to help cushion the toe while it heals?

Should I leave the nail alone or go ahead and clip off the part that cracked? It bent back about halfway but it's back where it's supposed to and now I just have a sharp edge on top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Clip any torn part that it it ripped more would cause more damage. And clean it really well and put gauze on it with that medical tape. Change it every couple hours. Do this for a couple days. And try stay off it as long as you can.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Thanks.

Quoting Hanab818:

Clip any torn part that it it ripped more would cause more damage. And clean it really well and put gauze on it with that medical tape. Change it every couple hours. Do this for a couple days. And try stay off it as long as you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I personally clipped mine when the fan fell on it. It seemed to heal quickly. I also put antibiotic ointment on it and a bandaid as well as wore opened toe shoes.
Did you break your toe or just stumped it?
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Do what pp said. They can't really do anything for broken toes anyways, sp keep it clean and dry and try not to wear shoes that will irritate the area.
They sell corn cushions they are round little donut shaped things, they work well as a spacer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

cut a hole in the front of your shoe... your toe won't rub against anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I have superglued my toenail down after I ripped it back one time. The glue held the toenail on while it healed until it grew out enough to Clip off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM
LMAO!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

cut a hole in te front of your shoe... your toe won't rub against anything.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
No prob. Hope it feels better soon. I got my toe closed in a car door when I was 17 and I remember how painful it was.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Thanks.

Quoting Hanab818:

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

or wear flip flops LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

cut a hole in the front of your shoe... your toe won't rub against anything.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I think its just badly bruised. It's still throbbing now but I think that's due to the nerve damage and not actually broken.

Quoting Jacqalyn:

I personally clipped mine when the fan fell on it. It seemed to heal quickly. I also put antibiotic ointment on it and a bandaid as well as wore opened toe shoes.

Did you break your toe or just stumped it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN