Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently Spoilers, even though they started to let the cat out of the bag LAST WEEK! OUaT's Mulan bisexual! ETA!

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 136 Replies
2 moms liked this
That they picked Mulan to be the bisexual character. Why did they have to pick the macho chick??

How do you feel about Once Upon a Time's decision to make Mulan bisexual?

How do you feel about a Disney "princess" now being associated as a bisexual character? I personally don't care about that at all. I'm just aggravated that they chose her... Why not Tinkerbell or Regina lol?

ETA 1: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4101888

I think it was to obvious of a choice. Why not cinderella?

ETA 2: right after I made this post, DH wanted to switch drivers lol! So I tried to get him to read the replies bc I actually am curious. Yeah... He replied to two or three and all in a typical bored man fashion. Sorry :(.

And how is this a spoiler?!? This started to unfold LAST WEEK! And I don't have cable either. I watch everything on Hulu or Netflix. So, for those of you just catching the show, sorry, but TV land isn't going to wait for y'all to catch up!
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Whhhaaat?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM
What????
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
12 moms liked this
Why can't a woman be strong and fearless without being labeled as gay? That's like feminine men automatically being seen as gay. Way to feed the stereotypes, Disney!
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Um spoiler alert?

And I don't really consider Mulan to be macho sooo...

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4101888

I'm mobile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Whhhaaat?

HyrulianHer0ine
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i personally was super shocked and i dont see a problem with it. i thought it was hott. does it really matter? They arent the first to publically twist the sweet stories and people we know and love

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM
She has so been coming on to Aura. Only spoiler is if you haven't watched any of it.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Um spoiler alert?

And I don't really consider Mulan to be macho sooo...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

i thought she married a man.. how is she bisexual..

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't agree with a childrens character being applied any sexual orientation, gay or straight or bisexual. It's meant to be innocent. And it is annoying that they would choose her, furthering the idea that a girl who does things that aren't stereotypical girly girl has to be a lesbian. 

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

OH, I just watched that tonight and was thinking the same thing! I was confused because she was so into Phillip. I guess it could happen.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)