Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woman at the grocery store b••••ed me out for "hurting" her kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 263 Replies

I was doing some grocery shopping today, minding my own business. There was a little boy, probably around 4, being a holy terror in the store. I could hear him in other aisles shrieking, running and being unruly. Whatever, I don't have perfect kids, none of my business.

As I turned the aisle, he comes flying around the corner and smashed into my cart. It cut his head open and he was screaming and crying. His dad leaned down to check him and his mother comes running over, gets in my face, and says "what the f*** is wrong with you? Why aren't you watching where you're going? You hurt my son!"

I apologized and said that it was an accident, he ran into my cart. She wouldn't let up and I eventually just said that perhaps she shouldn't let her kid run around if she didn't want him to get hurt. She looked like someone slapped her and said she'd be talking to the manager about me. I laughed and told her to knock herself out. She glared at me while I was checking out, but didn't really do anything about it.

When I told my husband about this, he said I should have just continued to apologize. Do you think I was in the wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
56 moms liked this

How were you in the wrong for her letting her little demon spawn run around like he was in the park? And you apologized and it wasn't even your fault. I wonder if that stuck up bitch is on CM.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
29 moms liked this

no, you're not wrong... but engaging the stupid rarely helps the situation

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope. I would have been a little less tactful if she had ripped my apology apart like that. And then with the manager bit I just would have laughed in her face and walked off. Video camera's are wonderful things sometimes.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

No, you weren't wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM
10 moms liked this

Tell your DH to grow a pair bc I would've said the same thing.  People need to learn to control their children & I won't coddle anyone who isn't & their child gets hurt.  They need to be called out on their bad parenting sometimes.

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

This.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

no, you're not wrong... but engaging the stupid rarely helps the situation

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have said the same thing
Hannamom4
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM
6 moms liked this

I would have offered to get the manager for her and let him/her address the situation. You apologized which is something you did not have to do. It was her fault for letting her child run around wild. I am sure other people in the store thought the child got what was coming to him.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting AllofFive19:

No, you weren't wrong.

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)