Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cant seem to get over this and its ruining my marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 212 Replies

The day I gave birth to our daughter the nurses in L&D treated me horribly. At one point I took off all my clothes and attempted to change positions because the pain was excruciating,anyway at that time one of the nurses came over and told me to sit still and when I told her what I was trying to do she took me by the shoulders and slammed me backward into the bed. Then I sat back up and told her that wasnt okay. Just as this was going on the nurse (or whatever theyre called) who was supposed to be administering my epidural was wheeling her cart into the room but stopped at the door and told me if I didnt do what they said she was going to leave and not give me any pain medication. After that I did what they wanted and got my epidural. Immediately after our daughter was born a different nurse entered the room and stuck me in the leg with something before I even had a chance to ask what the hell it was! Also I am diabetic and from the time I checked in to the time our daughter was born (18 hours) they never checked my glucose levels. The part of this that is bothering me is that my husband was there the entire time and NEVER ONCE did he speak up or do a damn thing. I just dont respect him anymore or feel safe with him. I have lost any confidence I ever had in his ability to be a protector for me or our kids. The kicker is that was 4 years ago and I wonder if Ill ever get over it.

Edit: Okay so clearly some of you missed the point of this post which is my concern for my marriage. It would have been foolish to think everyone would believe me,so no I didnt come here believing that,or trying to spark a debate about L&D. I want to thank those of you who offered me kindness and better insight as to what my husband may have been feeling because sometimes understanding the other side of the coin helps us to forgive :) Aaaanyway Im not interested in entertaining the cruelty some of you seem to thrive on so I wont be back in this post,but Ill leave it up in case anyone else could use some of the links that were provided. GN (or morning) all.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't blame you. You probably need to reassess though, nothing can change what happened and getting your daughter every other holiday is not going to be worth it

edit: it might not be too late to bring up their behavior and medical negligence. Then your husband can stand up for you, two birds
Amybelle
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
9 moms liked this

I bet the other side of the story is MUCH different

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
5 moms liked this
I don't believe this for one second. You sound like a anti-hospital mom sharing a horror story to try to make hospitals and nurses sound terrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Exactly.

Quoting Amybelle:

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
3 moms liked this
This and chances are your husband had no idea what was to be expected or that you remember the experience this way.

Quoting Amybelle:

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Why did you not report this when it happened? Requested different nurse? I am so sorry this happened. I thankfully had wonderful nurses who were very encouraging.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

um girl sorry to say, people think doctors and nurses are gods and are afraid to question them. your poor husband probably didn't even know what to do! you are hormonal right now and over reacting at what he did or didn't do. write a letter to that damn nightmare hospital!

edit: oh shit! FOUR YEARS AGO? 1-800-THERAPY

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this
I had a similiar experience and that is why I went into nursing. I blamed xh for a lot of things during my L&D stay but he didnt know what the hell was going on. He didnt know how to advocate for me.

You need to talk to your DH about your feelings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

i had a traumatic experience with my 1st. he almost let me die because he refused to believe anything was wrong with me. we're no longer together. that was 7 years ago and i still hate him fr it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound a little crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)