Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP! Normal for 9 month old or take her to the dr?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 26 Replies

Okay I need help because I am at a toss up of what to do. Okay we have a wonderful 9 month old dd and up to two days ago she was perfect. Two days ago she started getting cranky and would cry whenever I was not holding her. I thought she was either teething or just having a bad day so I brushed it off well yesterday night was HORRIBLE! For the last nine months I would just give her a bottle and she would fall fast asleep well not that night. She stayed up and didnt want a bottle or do anything. She just would cry no matter what. She didnt want to stand up, sit up, lay down nothing. Finally she fell asleep on our bed when I finally laid her down on her stomach and patted and rubbed her back.

So today she was having the same problem with whining. So I thought it was because of her bad diaper rash she has. (She likes to dirty her diaper in the middle of the night and then sleep in it.) Anyways I have used two types of diaper rash cream and baby powder to help with it but I still think she is in pain. Anyways tonight I had the same problem I had last night. She wouldnt go to sleep and she finally fell asleep by me holding her and patting and rubbing her back. Which killed my back. Anyways is this normal behavior for a baby her age? I keep thinking maybe she has a ear infection because ear infections run really good in my family. And our two older dd are currently taking medicine for ear infections. What do you think?

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TnGsMomma
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

It's worth a visit to the doctor.  It could be teething or her diaper rash but why not just take her in to get her ears looked at tomorrow ...non emergency...

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:40 AM
She sounds sick. It's normal for babies to act like that when sick. Dies she have a temperature? I would try Tylenol and I'd it doesn't get better in a couple days taker her in.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Does she need to poop?

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Quoting Retrokitty:

She sounds sick. It's normal for babies to act like that when sick. Dies she have a temperature? I would try Tylenol and I'd it doesn't get better in a couple days taker her in.

Countrygerl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Oh she has no problems in that department. Thats why she has such bad diaper rash.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Does she need to poop?

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Got it. Have you tried an oatmeal bath for her bottom? 

Quoting Countrygerl:

Oh she has no problems in that department. Thats why she has such bad diaper rash.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Does she need to poop?

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Not normal. :(

Her diaper rash could be really bothering her, but it sounds like an ear infection to me. I'd make an appointment to see the dr first thing tomorrow, if I were you.

Good luck!

907PickleMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM
She might have a slightly upset tummy, teething, or an ear infection or a combo of all three. I would schedule an appointment non-emergency with her provider sometime this week.
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I would get her ears looked at. My 16 month old is sick. We took him into urgent care this morning because he woke up wheezing. Turns out he has an upper respiratory infection and a double ear infection. He never gave us any reason to think his ears were hurting :-/
Countrygerl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM

No her diaper rash just started getting really bad yesterday so I been using a combo of Desitin and Butt paste and baby powder but I will have to try the oatmeal bath if it doesnt get any better. Thanks!

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Got it. Have you tried an oatmeal bath for her bottom? 

Quoting Countrygerl:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Does she need to poop?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)