Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you expect people to make conversation??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
I work in the call center for a cable company. Troubleshooting, going over billing, etc. Well today this lady called and was having issues with one of her cable boxes, so I rebooted it for her. While we were waiting, I asked if her other services were working ok and she said yes. So, with nothing else being an issue, I asked her if she had a nice weekend. She said yes, it was ok. Then she asked me a question about her cable box, which I answered. She then said, "ok, I just wanted to ask since you were asking about my weekend. I wanted to bring the conversation back to something more RELEVANT." I said I was sorry, I didn't mean to offend her by asking about her weekend, and I was just trying to make conversation. She's like "I mean, it's really none of your business what I did this weekend!" Whoooah, lady. First off, I didn't actually ask WHAT you did, I asked if you had a nice weekend. Secondly... I don't really care. Just trying to make conversation. haha. But seriously... is this how people really feel? I've never had anyone act like this. Maybe she was just overly private? Would you rather have someone make conversation? Or just sit there silently??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Short_cake88
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM
6 moms liked this

Sounds like she had a pretty fucking terrible weekend lol

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I'd rather talk. 

KelleLynn
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I hate being put on hold, small talk would be great.
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Lmao!

Quoting Short_cake88:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM

haha.... that's what i was thinking!

Quoting Short_cake88:

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
People looking for stupid reasons to act like a b*tch
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM

In customer service there are a lot of rude people who think they can treat you poorly because you are providing a service.  Most people do not mind small talk, you where just being friendly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

you sound like you know from experience! :) lol

Quoting Anonymous:

In customer service there are a lot of rude people who think they can treat you poorly because you are providing a service.  Most people do not mind small talk, you where just being friendly. 

AuntFib
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I prefer having a conversation in situations like that.  It makes me feel more comfortable with the person who is helping me; but I'm a very open and friendly person.  But I guess we can't all be that way.  Just makes you appreciate the nice ones a little bit more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM
She did respond very rudely, and I would never talk like to someone especially someone who was just trying to be nice. That aside, I am a naturally shy person and hate talking on the phone as it is so I would prefer silence. But that's just my preference and you did absolutely nothing wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)