Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o children always living with you..

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 60 Replies
What about raising your children in a way that you wouldn't mind living them you if they didn't want to move out..

I mean there are some cultures where families live together for five different generations at a time..

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love that!

Our families have always said that if we win the big lotto jack pot we will buy a huge piece of property and build everyone a house so we all live beside each other.. my parents, my MIL, us, my 3 sisters and their children and my 2 SILs.

That would be so much fun!

And if I had a house big enough.. my kids and grandkids would be welcome to stay forever. LOL

garnet83
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

No thank you. My kids are small and I look forward to the years I have ahead with them. But I'm raising them to eventually thrive on their own and be independent. By the time they reach adulthood, dh and I will be tired and we fully intend to have an empty nest honeymoon.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

my culture (asian) promotes/supports family living together for as long as they need.  my mom lives with me. if my dad were alive, he would be with us too.  if my inlaws wanted to move in, our door is always open.

family is family - how can you close the door on your family?  i could never do that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
That is not ok with me. That is not our culture. I want my son to be a successful, independent man, no matter how much I would like it if he never left me. Lol My uncle has lived with his mommy his entire life. He is a fucking looser with a capitol L.
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM

As long as they were fabulous and actually doing something I wouldn't mind.

No drug addicts or sex addicts, thank you.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Yep. DH is from one of those cultures.
My mil has 2 DDs, 2 DSs and 2 DILs and idk how many grandkids in her house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Lol Have my family and ask me that question. Not all of us are as lucky as you. Please keep that in mind.

Quoting itsm3:

my culture (asian) promotes/supports family living together for as long as they need.  my mom lives with me. if my dad were alive, he would be with us too.  if my inlaws wanted to move in, our door is always open.

family is family - how can you close the door on your family?  i could never do that. 

nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

If my daughter ever needed a place to stay, my door will ALWAYS be open. Regardless of the reason.

Countess79
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I'm with you I live with my father I take care of him he still has a job but other than his job(he's 63)he really is not required to do anything..

and I've told my both of my sons that should they ever desire to get married and stay here that that's not a problem they will have to pay part of the bills and things like that as responsible adults but they wouldn't be required to leave the house..

the truth is I think part of the reason people raise their children the way they do is they don't expect to spend a lot of time with them and if you were expecting to spend a lot of time with your children I personally think you would raise them to be better people than they are...general statement.. Not at anyone specifically

Quoting itsm3:

Countess79
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I totally understand what you just said. Exactly right!

Quoting tinybluemoon:

As long as they were fabulous and actually doing something I wouldn't mind.

No drug addicts or sex addicts, thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN