Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Giving babies spicy food is bad?

I've never heard of that before.

But when I was on the phone with my sister and my nephew (13mnths old) and I were having lunch he was making happy squeals.  She asked what he was happy about, so I told her I was sharing my curry with him. (she told me he can eat anything and likes to share)

She got upset and said you can't give babies that!

I won't again, I mean it's her kid.  But it was just couscous and lentils, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong.  

Was I wrong?

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Replies (301-309):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM
My son asked for a hot Cheeto so I got some milk ready just in case it was to hot but he wanted more he was 15months then. I love hot spicy foods so it's not a surprise he liked the Cheetos. I still make sure things aren't to spicy for him he is still a "baby" but to answer your question spicy foods aren't bad for babies
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Silly people my son has been demanding I share my food with him. I love love love spicy food and so does he. I just hold back on the hot sauce if I share my plate with him. He loves curries, and my spicy stews over rice. 

pagirl1360
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I don't think you did anything wrong.  She is the mom and she has the say.

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Guess it all depends on the baby; It is all about trial and error ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
The first proper meal (beyond 1-2 ingredient blends) that my first born had was chana masala. The first meal my second had was mango BBQ beans. My first isn't keen on hot-spicy but he loves milder Indian food like samosas and pakoras as well as just about anything else I feed him. My second loves all kinds of flavors too.
tardistraveller
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM

obviously, that doesn;t mean I will agree with her however.

Quoting pagirl1360:

I don't think you did anything wrong.  She is the mom and she has the say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I have a memory of my oldest enjoying salsa with her red eyes running and dipping over and over. She really enjoyed it. Arent lentils and couscous healthy. That is what matters.
fairymaid23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No ur all good. Some kids like it so i let mine have spicy things. Think of all the different races that constantly eat spicy things from the womb. Its ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
My 18 month old DD loves chili Verde sauce :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)