Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I won't stop breastfeeding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I went to the walk in clinic today to get anti biotics for an UTI. When he prescribed them he said I should be okay taking them while nursing. I get home and he had left a message telling me to stop nursing for 7 days. Yeah, fuck that.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM

what kind did you get?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

some can affect the baby negatively or cause sensitivity down the road to that particular medicine

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I've never had to stop nursing for uti antibiotics. For the pain relief yes. I just didn't take it and I drank tons of water. Helped with the pain just fine. When your bladder is full it doesn't spasm so no pain.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So then make sure with a pharmacist that you can continue to nurse while taking the antibiotics.

If not go back and get a prescription for something you can take while nursing. 

Seems simple enough.

Lilfootmommy
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM
This and not to mention it can cause you serious problems if you dont take the medication

Quoting Anonymous:

some can affect the baby negatively or cause sensitivity down the road to that particular medicine

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Macrobid

Quoting Anonymous:

what kind did you get?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Yea I Was Prescribed Antibiotics Once And Didnt Take.them For This ReAson. Doctors Act Kike.Its Easy Yo.just.Pumo And dump
Caera
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

So....you're okay with potentially affecting the baby. Alrighty then. At the very least, find out if the antibiotic they put you on could be harmful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM
If that's the case I won't take them. A week of not breastfeeding will ruin my supply.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Tell me where I said that. I just won't take them.

Quoting Caera:

So....you're okay with potentially affecting the baby. Alrighty then. At the very least, find out if the antibiotic they put you on could be harmful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN