Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG daycare abuse help me pls UPDATE UPDATE AGAIN 3rd UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 311 Replies
1 mom liked this

The director from my son's daycare (he just turned two) called and asked me if I could come over.  I work next door so of course, I run over.  She was visibly shaken and says she needs to show me a video.  All rooms have video and the director watches a random hour from each room at least once a week.  A teacher from another room was in my son's class on Friday filling in.  My son was standing by himself playing blocks at a table and the teacher picks up this huge stuffed animal/pillow and throws it at him so hard he falls down and starts screaming.  For no reason.  She fired the teacher immediately and called DHS.  She was just as upset as I am.  What recourse against this teacher do I have personally?  I wanted her PROSECUTED.  Can I do anything?

UPDATE- I am pressing charges - 2nd degree battery of a minor.  The officer who came out  and the prosecuting attorney who I visited after watched the tape and felt like i had MORE THAN ENOUGH to get her.  Hurt my child, you will have consequences. 

UPDATE 2- the director called this morning, asked me to come by.  She stayed up half the night last night reviewing more video.  In this video from Friday, the teacher hit my child and two others in the face with a big huge lego/block (the ones that are the size of a wipes container).  Again, for no reason.  they were minding their own business, playing.  He had a bruise on his cheek on friday but when I questioned it, she didn't know what happened.  I dismissed it because he is all boy and gets bruises and scrapes on my watch too.  Needless to say, this recording is on it's way to the authorities as well. 

*for those of you that think I am doing wrong thing or making jokes about it being a stuffed animal- I really DON'T care what you think.  The police, DHS, prosecuting attorney and the owner of the daycare all agree that it was child abuse.  Against mine and two others.  If you wouldn't personally do what I am doing and stick up for your own child, shame on you.  end of story. 

UPDATE 3- the director found another instance of abuse.  She picked an 18th month old baby girl up by her hair three days before she hit my son.  DHS came out to my house and interviewed us.  My son is almost two so he couldn't really answer anything but they did an "interview" and well being check.  The parents of the baby that was picked up by her hair are also pressing charges. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure if anything....
Caera
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM
9 moms liked this

Eh. It was a stuffed animal, not a bag of blocks. She was fired, she's being investigated by DHS, and your kid is fine. 

I think you just need to take a breath and calm yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM

bump

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
you can file a police report
Katkinson
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
4 moms liked this

Get a lawyer, and tell him you want to throw the book at her--nail the bitch to the wall.  That's what I'd do if she did that to my kid.  WTF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
17 moms liked this

Um NO.  I don't care if it was a feather you will NOT be aggressive towards my child and think it is ok. 

Quoting Caera:

Eh. It was a stuffed animal, not a bag of blocks. She was fired, she's being investigated by DHS, and your kid is fine. 

boricua3177
by Monica on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

This.... 

Quoting Caera:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
What happened after he started screaming? Did she rush to help him up? Did she console him? Did she run over and proceed to abuse him? What?
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Did it appear as if your son wanted the stuffed animal...so she was trying to throw it so he'd catch it?? What happened after he fell over? Did he/she run over to him to try and comfort him?

Katkinson
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

True, but that's not the point.  Teachers are supposed to be trusted people in a kid's life. . .this is completely inappropriate!  The poor kid is going to be scared poopless of all his daycare teachers!!!!

Quoting Caera:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)