Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shooting at a middle school near my home. :(

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

Two people are dead and two others are in critical condition after gunfire erupted at a northern Nevada middle school Monday morning, according to local reports.

The shooter and a second unidentified victim were described as the two fatalities at Sparks Middle School after shots rang out in a classroom, RGJ.com reports.

The two victims are described as two male minors. They were received at Renown Regional Hospital at 7:45 a.m. PDT, hospital spokeswoman Angela Rambo told the Daily News.

A S.W.A.T. vehicle is seen at the scene of a deadly school shooting, Monday morning.

RGJ

A S.W.A.T. vehicle is seen at the scene of a deadly school shooting, Monday morning.

An earlier report by RGJ identified one victim as being 12-years old.

Authories refrained from identifying the victims as students or teachers at a press conference held around 9 a.m., PDT.

A student speaking to RGJ described one of the victims as a male teacher who saw one of his students with a gun and ran toward him to get him to put it down.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/student-shot-middle-school-article-1.1491586#ixzz2iNY8853F

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Oh how this breaks my heart and makes my stomach churn.

:-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Not surprising.  There's a lot of mental illness out there going untreated.

lga1965
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM
How did a teen manage to get a gun into a middle school ? And how did he sneak the gun out of the home before school ? So many mistakes involved. And lack of judgment, bad parenting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatLee42513
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I was in 9th grade lived in castle rock Colorado & went to a private school - I would have gone to columbine if I went to public school & god knows whether I would be alive today if I did. My neighbor was killed that day - didn't k ow her but that day changed my life forever. No joke.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
We had a preschooler bring a loaded gun to class at a school in our district. It wouldn't be that hard for a teen to sneak a gun into school in a backpack... If a 5 year old can do it anyone can

Quoting lga1965:

How did a teen manage to get a gun into a middle school ? And how did he sneak the gun out of the home before school ? So many mistakes involved. And lack of judgment, bad parenting

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
What do you consider a mental problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I find it difficult to believe that a completely sane person would attempt to murder a quantity of students at school. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you consider a mental problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Our school doesn't have metal detectors. Nobody checks bags, it would be very easy to bring a weapon in. Also, many parents are already at work when their kid leaves for school. Middle school, say 10-14 years old. They can figure out how to get into gun safes at that age.

Quoting lga1965:

lga1965
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM
That is,disturbing. There are too many stupid people who own guns. If a teen is able to take a gun to school, his parent or parents are too stupid to own a gun. ....damn

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

We had a preschooler bring a loaded gun to class at a school in our district. It wouldn't be that hard for a teen to sneak a gun into school in a backpack... If a 5 year old can do it anyone can

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Totally agree! The parents of the preschooler never faced charges. It was ridiculous.

Quoting lga1965:

That is,disturbing. There are too many stupid people who own guns. If a teen is able to take a gun to school, his parent or parents are too stupid to own a gun. ....damn

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)