Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession? I Slept with my brother for years and I don't see the big deal...

Ok, I really want to know how it is so cruel for opposite sex children to share a room, especially when they are babies. My cousin is pregnant and having a boy. She also has a daughter, who is two. She is currently living with her mother (temporarily due to an unexpected financial crisis) and she is going to have to put the baby in the room with her daughter. Her mother (my aunt) is making a big deal about how that is cruelty and she won't have it in her house. She says that they boy will be trying to invade his sister's privacy and will peek at her while she's changing. Wtf? He is at least 7 years away from even noticing that there is difference between girls and boys. She says it is perverted. I think she is stupid.

When I was a kid, we had a three bedroom house. My older brother was 5 years older. His bedroom was on the other side of the house. My room was across from my parents' room because I was younger and they wanted to be able to listen out for me. When I was 3, my younger brother was born. They couldn't put the baby on the other side of the house and expect the 8 year old to get up with him. They couldn't move the 8 year old and put the 3 year old on the other side of the house where they couldn't hear her incase of an emergency. They made the logical choice and put the baby in with me, when he was old enough. I loved having my little brother in the room with me and we grew up very close. When I was five and he was two, we moved to a bigger house with four bedrooms, all located conviently close to my parents' bedroom. Benny started getting out of his bed and sneaking into mine because he missed me. He slept in my bed for another six months. I don't see how that was abusive or cruel. I changed in the bathroom and he never invaded my privacy or peeked at me when I was getting dressed (not until we were much older but we were in seperate rooms by then and I kicked his ass once and that pretty much ended it). When my parents went through a rough patch in their marriage and were fighting a lot, both of us ended up in my older brother's bed a lot. Nothing inappropriate ever happened. We are now 21, 24 and 29 and we are still very close.

Seriously, what is the big deal?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Replies (501-504):
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, it was intentionally misleading because that is, apparently, the only way to get attention on MC. Second of all, I sleep with my husband every night but we don't have sex every night. Sleeping is sleeping and sex is sex. They are not mutually exclusive. Just like when I say that my husband's St. Bernard sleeps with me when he is gone, I am not saying that I had sex with the dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, the title of this is WAY misleading.  I thought you meant you "slept slept" with him....  I was thinking this girl is a sicko.  Think more about your wording next time.  Sheesh.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 93 on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I only have sisters, but a friend of my parents has 4 kids. One of them isn't his, the second is both of theirs and the youngest 2 are his (they broke up for a few years before getting married). When they moved into the house that they are in now, the youngest son and daughter got asked if they wanted their own rooms. They both said no. They change in the bathroom and there hasn't been any peeking issues. I don't see anything wrong with it if they just want to be with their sibling.

shellymom
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Yeah, your Aunt sounds pretty twisted. I would question having my children living in the same house as HER! Ha
Khristoal
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

the aunt is over reacting. but i guess her house her rules. unless shes tired of ur cousin living there and dosent want to hear a baby crying in her house and wants her gone....it could be just that....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)