Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I married a Real Man.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 402 Replies
I wish I married a real man. My definition of a real man has nothing to do with money. It has to do with knowledge and know how.(I have only been married for about 4months)
I grew up with an awesome Dad he knew how to do everything. He could fix cars, plumbing remodel a house, and also did electrical work.

Enter my fantasticly Unskilled Husband! Grrrr!
I told him that I needed to get the oil charged in our car. I expected him to do instead he took it to the service station and paid. 70.00! I could have changed it myself for about 27.00.
It annoys b\c he pays for everything! He does nothing that a man does! When our ceiling fan died he called a electricition. That cost us 145$.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
44 moms liked this

and you didn't know this about him BEFORE you got married??? How could you not notice he didn't fix anything himself?

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
13 moms liked this
That sucks :(

I love my jack of all trades, master of a few redneck dude!
mama3p
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
33 moms liked this

If you know how to change the oil yourself then why didn't you? You could have taught him how... unless my hubby was a professional electrician I would not want him doing any electrical stuff.

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

So... why did you marry him?

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
15 moms liked this
Meh.

My dh isn't real handy, either. But I'm glad. At least I know the work will be done right away and done right by hiring professionals.

It doesn't make him any less of a man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
You didn't know this before hand?
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
23 moms liked this
At least he's taking care of it the best way he knows how. That is a real man. My ex wouldn't of even taken my car in or called an electrician
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You didn't realize this before you got married?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
16 moms liked this

Your Husband IS a real man. He's just not mechanically inclined. So what? Some people call the repairman and take their things to shops to get fixed. Other's do it themselves. It doesn't really matter...

sarahbell811
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

hahaha. yeah, that would drive me nuts. My husband does everything. I'm glad he is handy. He fixed all of our plumbing a few months ago..took him forever and drove me INSANE lol. But it saved us about $1200

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)