Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

#who#thinks#hastags#are stupid?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok maybe I just don't get them. Does each word witna hastag go to twitter? I hate seeing this shit with every word or phrase. I mean seriously. ugh.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Besides Twitter and IG they have no point, well except making people look like fucktards.
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I really don't understand the point.....it's one of the dumbest trends on the internet.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Facebook has hashtags as well now lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Besides Twitter and IG they have no point, well except making people look like fucktards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Instagram is probably the most self centered and narcissistic social media site I have ever seen. Does anyone over the age of 22 even use it, and if so, aren't you ashamed of yourself? It seems like just a bunch of self centered mellennials taking awful "selfies" of themselves, trying to pretend they are celebrities, which they are NOT.

I LOL @ Instagram. #lame #posers #selfcentered #immature #toostupidforwords

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Ugh, damn you! Now I want some hash browns!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

darciegenito
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM

The point is so that your pictures get categorized into certain topics so people with the same interests can see your pictures or so you have a bunch of pictures set together.

Like for example, if you had a picture of a baby like my newborn, I use the hashtag #lylarose (her first and middle name) for all of her pictures.. and so if you click on that, it shows all of her pictures.  I even found some other babies named lyla rose that other people posted.

Quoting fairyjester:

since you admit to using them,  what is the point of it?

Quoting darciegenito:

I'm guilty of using them on occasion, but only for Instagram.  I don't do it with every single word though lol. Just main stuff.

darciegenito
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Selfies are stupid.  I'm 27, and I use instagram, but not to spam photos of me lol. I don't even think I have a single picture of me on mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Instagram is probably the most self centered and narcissistic social media site I have ever seen. Does anyone over the age of 22 even use it, and if so, aren't you ashamed of yourself? It seems like just a bunch of self centered mellennials taking awful "selfies" of themselves, trying to pretend they are celebrities, which they are NOT.

I LOL @ Instagram. #lame #posers #selfcentered #immature #toostupidforwords

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

its a pound sign, I don't get it.

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Yeah, I noticed this about FB, and kennypoopoo is correct- they make people look like fucktards lol!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Seriously? Why?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)