Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

#who#thinks#hastags#are stupid?!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok maybe I just don't get them. Does each word witna hastag go to twitter? I hate seeing this shit with every word or phrase. I mean seriously. ugh.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I don't know but I goggled their reasoning:

Facebook announced that it recently incorporated hashtags as a way of bringing conversations about public events, people, and topics to the forefront. The world´s largest social network considered the amount of buzz people tend to generate around popular television shows, sport games, and breaking events.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Seriously? Why?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Facebook has hashtags as well now lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Besides Twitter and IG they have no point, well except making people look like fucktards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Thank goodness! Selfies are for 21 year old self centered, narcissistic brats who think everyone wants to see photos of their ass online. 

If I had an account, it would all be photos of my kid. :) I already do that on FB and I can barely stand Facebook. I don't need another, less superior to boot, social media outlet taking up and wasting my time. 

Quoting darciegenito:

Selfies are stupid.  I'm 27, and I use instagram, but not to spam photos of me lol. I don't even think I have a single picture of me on mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Instagram is probably the most self centered and narcissistic social media site I have ever seen. Does anyone over the age of 22 even use it, and if so, aren't you ashamed of yourself? It seems like just a bunch of self centered mellennials taking awful "selfies" of themselves, trying to pretend they are celebrities, which they are NOT.

I LOL @ Instagram. #lame #posers #selfcentered #immature #toostupidforwords

TAKate
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I don't have a twitter account.

I have never used a hashtag.

I don't get it. I already know what you're writing about. Why do you feel the need to break it down into stupid #'s?

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I've got my WTF face on.
So, you just type a pound sign and it can be found when searched? Isn't that how the search option worked the whole time?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I don't know but I goggled their reasoning:

Facebook announced that it recently incorporated hashtags as a way of bringing conversations about public events, people, and topics to the forefront. The world´s largest social network considered the amount of buzz people tend to generate around popular television shows, sport games, and breaking events.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Seriously? Why?

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Facebook has hashtags as well now lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Besides Twitter and IG they have no point, well except making people look like fucktards.

Christywf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

######################

That is translated as "I agree"

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Right? #itotalllyagree

lol! J/K. I hate them!

Quoting TAKate:

I don't have a twitter account.

I have never used a hashtag.

I don't get it. I already know what you're writing about. Why do you feel the need to break it down into stupid #'s?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM
#lololololololol
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Lol that's what we have CM for lololol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank goodness! Selfies are for 21 year old self centered, narcissistic brats who think everyone wants to see photos of their ass online. 

If I had an account, it would all be photos of my kid. :) I already do that on FB and I can barely stand Facebook. I don't need another, less superior to boot, social media outlet taking up and wasting my time. 

Quoting darciegenito:

Selfies are stupid.  I'm 27, and I use instagram, but not to spam photos of me lol. I don't even think I have a single picture of me on mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Instagram is probably the most self centered and narcissistic social media site I have ever seen. Does anyone over the age of 22 even use it, and if so, aren't you ashamed of yourself? It seems like just a bunch of self centered mellennials taking awful "selfies" of themselves, trying to pretend they are celebrities, which they are NOT.

JamieBue38
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM
It should stay in twitter and instagram. DO NOT USE IT IN FACEBOOK.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Oh you mean the wasting time part? Yes! Exactly! Lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Lol that's what we have CM for lololol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting darciegenito:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN