Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm hugging my kids and holding them closer

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 26 Replies
Today there was a school shooting at a middle school just 3 miles down the street from my house. My daughter went to school there and loved it. Today there are 2 kids in the hospital with wounds to the stomach and shoulder. Her favorite teacher was killed while he saved the lives of the students around him. The 12 year old shooter then shot himself. The kids he shot? They weren't even his targets, and now we have this aftermath and for what? Guns are not a solution. Please just talk with your kids and explain before more lives are lost. May Mr. Landsberry RIP and may the kids who were shot recover. May the kids who witnessed their friends get shot, heal and may the parents of the shooter find some peace.
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry ((hugs))
We live in a sad disgusting world
Chirinos
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Your in my thoughts and prayers and so is everyone else.
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Who was his target?
teal_phoenix
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

This is a sad world we live in. I am so sorry this happened:(

momof2891
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no I'm so so sorry!! I have been praying all day for everyone involved!!
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so sad. A 12 year old?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
4 moms liked this

why do people say that after something like this?

Maybe this wouldn't happen so much if parents hugged their children tighter and appreciated them more all the time, not just after these things.  

elsters4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a sad world we live in. A 12 year old?! That's screwed up. Really reflects on the parents. And I think everyone is holding their kids a little tighter tonight after that terrible event. Praying for everyone involved and all my healing vibes and get well wishes to the injured as well as RIP to the teacher and my sincerest condolences to all the families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM
But everyone "keeps their guns away from the kids and teaches them gun safety from a young age"...
texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I heard about that. That is so sad. It's even sadder that a 12 year old has so much anger/sadness or whatever it was in him that drove him to do such a thing. Praying for everyone involved and affected. One of the district's here are now allowing certain staff members to carry loaded weapons, and we all practice shelter-in-place drills. They have the kids all hide in a closet and be as quiet as they can in case "a bad man with a gun comes in" my dd said. Sad we have to teach them that now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured