Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seven year old biter!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
How would you handle this?

My oldest is 7, then a 4 yr old girl and just turned 4 boy (not twins).

My DS7 likes to be in charge, and is constantly having to be reminded not to discipline or try to parent the younger 2. Today I was outside dealing with the tow truck guy, and dd was "walking" the dog inside with a leash. DS had been doing the same thing earlier. Well, he tried to stop her, she refused, he probably put his body between her and the dog. She probably hit him, so he bit her.
He Bit Her!
And this is probably the third time this behavior has occurred in 6 months. Pretty much the same situation. He tries to stop her from doing something he thinks she shouldn't, and it ends when he bites her.
I'd really like to hear your opinions. I'd tell you what I did, but I'm interested in what you would do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not be a very nice person. Just sayin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I would probably beat his ass. Or hold him down and let his sister bite him back.
katarina666
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM

That child would be nose to the corner of a wall for at least an hour!

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I can't even imagine my 7year old doing that. Idk mama. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

grounded for like an hour and all priviledges taken away until i decided he had learned his lesson. he is too old for that shit.

Mom2Be80331
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I would be taking away items and grounding. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Me either..

Quoting Anonymous:

I would not be a very nice person. Just sayin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
It's crazy isn't it!

Quoting PookaboosMom:

I can't even imagine my 7year old doing that. Idk mama. Good luck
momofne
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

They both need to be punished for biting and hitting with the 7 year old more severely. Question: is their a dad in the picture? I only ask because of what you said about the oldest acting like he is in charge.

Willie24622
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a tough one. You have two issues to tackle. The biting has to stop. Has either little one ever bitten him? Does he know how bad it hurts? I would do a big time out at the time of the event followed by taking away a favorite item for about a week. After a week he has the option to earn it back by completing certain tasks. If it continues and one of the little kids bites him back then he might just need to experience it first hand.

As far as always being in charge, it's kind of an oldest kid thing.  Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of it try over praising him when he does something really good or when he his being a good leader. Being in charge isn't terrible, just as long has he learns how to do it in a positive way. Good luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN