Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can you NOT have money for certain things?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 438 Replies
5 moms liked this
*** This isn't about x-mas!!! This about planning ahead and being able to afford things that you know will or will not happen! School supplies, birthdays, break downs, etc. if you don't save you have nothing fall back on!

I know not all people are able to afford the extras all the time, but stuff like school supplies, x-mas and stuff you know come once a year, how can you not afford that? You know it's going to happen. you know how much time you have to prepare and plan. Why is there are so many posts about not being able to afford those things. Budgeting, and planning ahead goes a long way. Oh, and saving up loose change goes a long way too! Just put it in a jar or bucket till it's full.

Yes shit happens, but don't people save up?

I have 3 accts. 1-checkings 1- savings (for shit that might happen) 1- savings for birthdays and holidays. I put money aside every check and when the time comes I have that money already put aside.

*** For the ones who say they love check to check. Do you think if you were to cut out unnecessary expenses, you would be able to save? I'm sure there are plenty of things that you don't need, but want that could be eliminated or cut down.

*** budgeting, prioritizing, and saving doesn't make you rich or perfect. For is that do all of this, we have all probably have had something happen and makes us be prepared for if it happens again. A lot of you say there is no extra, but being CM requires Internet, isn't Internet a "Treat" for some, an extra unnecessary expense? I just think that if you are living pay check to pay check, there has to be sacrifices, and prioritizing to be made and done. Life is as hard as you make it. It doesn't always have to be so hard. ***
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caito
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM
17 moms liked this

I guess shit happens. Job losses, car trouble, medical costs...even with budgeting stuff comes up.

Tairy-Hesticles
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I guess people aren't able to have savings anymore

Quoting caito:

I guess shit happens. Job losses, car trouble, medical costs...even with budgeting stuff comes up.

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM
This.
And I also think bc some people may not see it as important?

Quoting caito:

pinkdaisy8864
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM
4 moms liked this

I can't even read this question. I'm gagging over your avi.

two4one
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
47 moms liked this

Because with some people there IS NO extra money. They just make it each month. I don't get why that is a hard concept for you to understand.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Things happen.
I am a planner though.
I use the envelope system. Put money away for birthdays, Eids, and now school supplies and clothes.
Put what I need in a little at a time and forget its there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
instant
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:50 AM
4 moms liked this

Sadly some people are unable to save because their checks are just enough for bills. 

caito
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

This is true too. Some people simply can't afford to save more than $20 a month. That might be able to buy a couple gifts, but like I said in my first reply, shit happens and that money might be needed.

Quoting two4one:

Because with some people there IS NO extra money. They just make it each month. I don't get why that is a hard concept for you to understand.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I have wondered the same thing.

I didn't grow up with money. My parents worked very hard, my dad lost his job at one point when we were little.

However, we always had a house, heat, food, clothes, and presents for birthdays and Christmas. Sure, sometimes it was only one thing, but we had something.

My parents never even applied for a drop of PA, but I do know my dad got some unemployment pay. They made it work. Why can't others do the same?

Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people just live in the here and now Im guessing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN