Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a secret, I treat my special needs daughter like a typical child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
3 moms liked this

I love my daughter, I also discipline her when she needs it, and I do not believe she is always right. She is 12 now.")

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sfnira
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I have always treated my now 10 year old autistic daughter like a normal kid!! I think that's why she has come as far as she has!
snowpeasmom
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a secert so do I...he is displined, I want him to be able to live in normal world, and frankly I think he is better behaved and more well mannered than most so call "NORMAL" children.

He is autisitic too.

C8linVilla
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! Thats how it should be

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I treat my autistic child exactly lime his typical functioning brother. Obviously I use different discipkine on him but I find that typical with any siblings every child is different so they usually need different types of discipline. The only changes I make for him are with certain meals and that is usually easy modifications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

What type of discipline?

sfnira
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My kids get time outs or as they are getting older I take away privileges like tv time, playing outside with friends, or phone usage. Usually I take away the electronics first.

Quoting Anonymous:

What type of discipline?

victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I wish my ex's mother would have treated her autistic daughter like a normal child. That girl has made me terrified of autism.
mariesmama
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

my special needs 4 yrold gets discaplined too

sfnira
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine too! I'm always complimented on how sweet and thoughtful my girls are! I think it's due to me expecting the same from my autistic daughter as my other kids. Yes we still have to give her a bigger area of leeway so she can have a opportunity to catch her behavior and make adjustments.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I have a secert so do I...he is displined, I want him to be able to live in normal world, and frankly I think he is better behaved and more well mannered than most so call "NORMAL" children.

He is autisitic too.

Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I do as well.Shall we all share some cookies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)