Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cute or creepy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: cute or creepy

Options:

cute

creepy

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 73

View Results

My DD is in kindergarten, there are a total of 14 kids in her class. I  am the room mom and have been taking pictures at all the events so far, first day of school, first award ceremony, when the fire truck came and gave them a tour and I will continue to take pictures throughout the year. My plan is to make a little scrap book for each of the kids to give them at the end of the school year. The front page is them on their first day of school (accept one kid who came in later but I have a picture of him to use), the second page is the student with the teacher (the teacher asked me to take the pictures of her with each kid for a project) and each child sitting at their desk on the first day. The third  page is the child with the fire truck and another with the child when the "pumpkin lady" (lady comes and brings pumpkins to give them and they do a craft". The fourth is the award ceremony (all kids get at least one because there is a reading award that they all got) and a picture with one of their fiends in the class after. I will probably do a whole page for Halloween. Then it wil go on from there.

All the kids parents have signed forms saying school employees and volunteers can take their pictures at school so there is no problem there. I thought it would be a cute idea because 1, it's their first year in elementary school and 2, there are a lot of parents who just can't make it to a lot of stuff so I thought it would be nice for them to have this. 3 I really like scrapbooknig lol

I told my cousin about this (she is a working mom so I wanted to see how she would react to this if it was her kid) and she said she thought it is creepy.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM

BUMP!

sweetsavannah10
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I think it's a cute idea. I would love for someone to do that for my kids!

Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I think it's a cool idea. I don't see how this would be creepy in any way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Its not creepy.  I dont understand why someone would say its creepy, its not like you singled out one child.  Its a cute idea! 

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I think it is a cute idea and would really appreciate it if my child came home with something like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I think it's a good idea. I would have liked to have something like that.
Mom2Be80331
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the idea. I would just make sure the child celebrates the holiday before you do the holiday pages.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Wow I would be ecstatic to recieve one of my dd and her class!  That's very thoughtful of you :-)  I could however see some parents thinking it's a little on the creepy side lol.  Maybe ask their teacher if you could send each parent an email/letter for their consent whether they want something like this or not.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I think that's pretty cool. But I would ask the teacher to send some kind of note home with the kids asking the parents if they would like one. That way you can eliminate the uncertainty; everyone who wants one will get one, and those who think it's "creepy" (or don't want one for whatever reason...religion, etc.) don't have to get one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I dont find it creepy. My brothers teacher did this for him and his whole class. Id love for her to do one for my dd. Thats really sweet of you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured