Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help on fighting a cell phone ticket..

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 9 Replies
A few months ago I was pulled over for the tags on my car, the lady gave me a fix-it ticket, well I had my blue tooth in and my phone was on the passenger seat,
When the lady's partner came to the window he tells his partner " go ahead and cite her for the phone she was probably tweeting, the ticket isn't as much as I thought it would be, but it's unfair for me to pay it & I wasn't breaking the law! Since I was on my blue tooth I don't know how much justice bringing my phone record will do....
Any tips? Has anyone ever dealt with this?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MummsTheWord
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM

If you can bring phone records that match with the time on the ticket, showing you were not on the phone or texting during the time before you were pulled over, I think that would be enough for a judge.

ConnorsMommy21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I would go to court on the date of the ticket and explain that to the judge, which is also where you would your proof of tags.

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I was on the phone, but I had my hands free device in

Quoting MummsTheWord:

If you can bring phone records that match with the time on the ticket, showing you were not on the phone or texting during the time before you were pulled over, I think that would be enough for a judge.

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I'm going to try, I'm just not sure how he/she would take it, you know

Quoting ConnorsMommy21:

I would go to court on the date of the ticket and explain that to the judge, which is also where you would your proof of tags.

ConnorsMommy21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

There is no harm in trying. If you fight it then they will call the officer in and have him testify to what happened and if he tells the truth it should go your way.

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Quoting ConnorsMommy21:

baby development
babies
baby development
ConnorsMommy21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Fighting it will probably take more then one court apperance though

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Thank you

Quoting ConnorsMommy21:

There is no harm in trying. If you fight it then they will call the officer in and have him testify to what happened and if he tells the truth it should go your way.

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Quoting ConnorsMommy21:

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Write a letter to the d.a. and the judge in charge of your case explaining that you weren't using your cell phone, and that attach any evidence of the fact that you weren't using your phone to your letter. Why would he think you were tweeting? They probably have a record of this guy writing up bogus tickets if this is what really happened, so they probably won't question it too much.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

You can pull up your phone records to show you weren't using it to text or tweet.  

But you'll likely have to look up the laws about phone uses.. some places won't even allow you to use hands free devices anymore. However, either way, you can bring in your blue tooth and show them that you were using this instead..

either way, good luck.. it really will depend on the judge more than it will depend on anything else.. If you have a decent judge, he'll probably drop the case.. if you have a jerk for a judge, you'll likely be asked to fork over the money for the fine because it will be your word against theirs on whether you used the hands free device or not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN