Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You do not know every damn thing there is to know about kids so please shut the hell up already.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sil (my bils wife.) is driving me nuts.

Se is 13 weeks pregnant with her first child. And apparently is now an expert on all kids everywhere, and feels the need to constantly tell me how to take care of my kids.

I have an 18 month old daughter, I've had custody of my severely autistic brother since I was 18, and am 27 weeks pregnant with our second daughter, and I am not even close to knowing everything there is know about kids.

You can't know EVERYTHING about all kids. You may know alot about kids. You may know everything about YOUR kids. But you can't now everything about every child on the planet.

But apparently since she's pregnant and read a parenting book she is now a genius when it comes to kids -.-

She tried to tell me that letting dd play with other kids at the park instead of playing with her myself was going to "stunt her social development".

Now, I'm no expert, but isn't it GOOD for kids to play with other kids instead of ONLY playing with mommy and daddy?

She tried to tell me that I shouldn't use a prescription on dds "diaper rash" and should use baby powder and Vaseline instead.

It wasn't a normal diaper rash. It was a yeast infection on her skin. She has under developed kidneys and is prone to UTIS, kidney infections,
Yeast infections and yeast infections on her skin. Her doctor says she will most likely outgrow this when between 4-6, but until then we just have to deal with it. He prescribed nistatin for use as needed for yeast infections on her skin. And antibiotics for the kidney infections, and if she starts showing signs of an infection I have to immediately start giving her the antibiotics. (She's been hospitalised for 5 infections.)

Vaseline and baby powder wasnt going to help at all.

One day she questioned how frequently dh and I have sex. I told her we hadn't had sex since finding out I was pregnant and she goes on a huge rant about how sex is perfectly safe while pregnant. Why yes, sex is safe while pregnant. Assuming you aren't high risk and on pelvic rest like I am.

She went on for twenty minutes about how caffeine wouldn't hurt my brother when I told him no soda. Caffeine wasnt even the reason I told him no. I don't mind him having soda occasionally. And Caffeine doesn't affect him. But sugar does. And we he had a doctors appointment that afternoon and so did I, I want about to take him anywhere all hopped up on soda.

And according to sil I shouldn't have let dd eat pizza because she's "to young for it.".

I seriously just want to fucking smack her.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grnhsegoddess
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have a serious problem with that.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I think you both have overly zealous pregnancy hormones

Best of luck!!
karrahM
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I have started saying, "oh that's one of many things that make us different." I don't say it meanly, just after every piece of advice or criticism. Every time. She finally shuts up! 

luvmykcup
1 mom liked this

Next time she decides to give you some advice give her some advice on where she can stick her advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Why not just tell her to keep her "parenting advice" to herself? If you want advice you would ask for it. Until then she can keep her mouth shut.

vamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I totally understand your frustration. If it helps, remember that she is in for a HUGE wakeup call when she delivers and realizes she doesn't know everything, so try to keep the peace in the meantime.

fairyjester
What stopped you
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Wow, I want to smack her, too

JC2223
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Let her know she is reading the wrong books...you shouldn't use baby powder on babies at all. They breathe in the dust and causes lung problems. Other than that...use sarcasms and lots of it. She'll find out the truth soon enough.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

LOL Oh God, she sounds like a nightmare, lol. No advice, but good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)