Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant tmi question. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Sorry I had to post here. I know this isnt pregnancy group. Im a little embarrassed and needed that anon button.

Im 31 wks. I think I have a yeast infection. I have never had one. My vag keeps itching and the more I scratch the more it seems to keep itching. I have not noticed a difference in discharge. It looks the same to me.

Question is... Is it possible that scratching it can make it bleed a little? I didnt use my nails. I kind of used the tp after I whiped when I went pee.

Is there anything I can do about the itching right now?

What am I even supposed to do about a yeast infection? Can I use the cream from tv when im pregnant?

Update: went to er last night. Might sound stupid but it seemed to be my only option to get relief. I got nothing.
I was there 2 hrs listening to the babys heartbeat. I got told to make an appt with my dr today.
I am sitting here at 5am trying not to scratch. is there any kind of home remedy for itching? I heard something about yogurt before but I only have strawberry and peach.
Please help me. I think my vag is going to fall off
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaylorBaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

yes you can use the cream while pregnant, call your ob just to be safe though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM

call your doctor....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

yes you can make it bleed from scratching. honestly, I would go to the doctor and get i checked out first. it could be BV as well. I would find out what it is first before treating it. you don't want to make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I'm really not trying to be rude but do people not call their drs anymore?

You can use cream but where are you bleeding at?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM
umm... dr office isnt open at 6pm. its not continuously bleeding. just bled where iI scratched with the tp. just a little blood like iI barely got a scratch

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really not trying to be rude but do people not call their drs anymore?

You can use cream but where are you bleeding at?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM
im sorry if i sound stupid....what is bv?

Quoting Anonymous:

yes you can make it bleed from scratching. honestly, I would go to the doctor and get i checked out first. it could be BV as well. I would find out what it is first before treating it. you don't want to make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

bacteria vaginosis. a few years back I had really bad itching and burning. I thought it was a yeast infection and was treating it with over the counter cream. it didn't not help it at all. in fact all it did was make it worse. so after a week I finally went to the doctor and he said it was a yeast infection. but I also had BV as well and thats why the over the counter cream wasn't working. you need antibiotics to treat it. creams won't work. thats why it kept getting worse. so thats why I say, go to doctor and get a proper diagnosis before trying to treat it yourself. especially since you're pregnant. you don't want it to get worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

bacteria vaginosis. a few years back I had really bad itching and burning. I thought it was a yeast infection and was treating it with over the counter cream. it didn't not help it at all. in fact all it did was make it worse. so after a week I finally went to the doctor and he said it was a yeast infection. but I also had BV as well and thats why the over the counter cream wasn't working. you need antibiotics to treat it. creams won't work. thats why it kept getting worse. so thats why I say, go to doctor and get a proper diagnosis before trying to treat it yourself. especially since you're pregnant. you don't want it to get worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

no problem. good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured