Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister b****ed me out after DDs doctor appointment

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 53 Replies
So I took my kids in to see the doctor today. DD1 needed was there for her 18 mo check up & DD3 was there for a flu shot. Routine visit, everyone is in good health DD1 needed a few shots & to have her finger pricked she took it all like the little champ she is. Well, after the appointment I went to my moms house & my sister was there she immediately noticed the bandaids on the kids arms & proceeded to flip shit. I believe the exact words were "you're so f*ing irresponsible, I cannot f*ing believe you're injecting that toxic shit into my nieces." Then locked herself in a room for the remainder of my visit.
I guess what I'm pissed about is, first & foremost she doesn't have kids, what the hell gives her the right to tell me how to raise my kids? Not that I don't respect my sisters opinion, but for her to jump on me like that without asking why I choose to vax my girls is making my blood boil. We were vaxed as kids & it's just what I think is right for my family. I've had all the vaccinations my kids are getting I get a flu shot annually & I whole heartily believe in medical advancements.

Ugh. I needed to get that off my chest. I was really pissed off a minute ago.
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
4 moms liked this
She's a loon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...glad to hear you have such a mature sister lol Don't let it get to you mama, people always think they know what is best for your kids. Makes it extra special when it comes from people who don't even have kids lol

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
It's none if her damn business. If she eventually has kids and decides to put the whole free world at risk by not vaccinating, that's her prerogative. In the meantime, she can let you raise YOUR chilsren however you see fit.
catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Do what you want, but using you were vaxed as a kid isn't a good arguement. Not that there aren't plenty of good arguements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

How dare you put that crap in your children.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

She sounds like a bit of a whackjob.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

She could have gone a different route with it. 

I was vax'd as a child and don't vax my children.

kris0921
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry. The toxins from the vacs she got during childhood much be melting her brain. People will seriously believe anything and everything. I was vac and am healthy so are my kids and they are just as healthy as I was.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Remind her of this when she has kids.

NinaB131415
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Saying I was vaxed as a kid isn't really an argument or reason to vax my kids it's just at a fact & I think my mom did a great thing by vaccinating us. I vax my kids because it think it's the right thing to do

Quoting catrig:

Do what you want, but using you were vaxed as a kid isn't a good arguement. Not that there aren't plenty of good arguements.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)