I have a recipe that calls for it. I would rather not use them I don't wanna waste the money and they will just sit like the beef I brought a few months ago. So do I just use spices to replace the flavor? I'm making chicken noodle soup.
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (in less than 30 minutes!)
1/2 of medium onion, chopped
1 bag of egg noodles (you can use either medium or wide)
2 cans of cooked chunk chicken breast (I like the Tyson brand), strained (I am using real chicken breasts)
1 can of sliced carrots, strained ( real carrots and celery)
Chicken Bouillon cubes
Parsley Flakes ( real parsley)
Easy steps to homestyle, tasty goodness:
1) In a large soup pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
2) Fill pot 2/3 full with hot water and add bouillon cubes (I usually use 3 or 4)- you could also use canned chicken broth.
3) Bring to a rolling boil and add bag of egg noodles.
4) Boil until noodles are tender (approx. 12-15 minutes), and stir occasionally.
5) Add carrots and chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 more minutes. (I usually do a quick taste test here and add more seasoning if it needs it.)
6) Sprinkle parsley flakes on top and serve!!! (Don't skip out on the parsley flakes- it really adds to the "homestyle" look of the soup. I am discovering that you can put parsley flakes on an old tennis shoe and it will look appetizing! haha)