Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What car seats are your kids in?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Which car seats do you use for your kids? How old are they, are they facing backward, forward or in a seatbelt? What do you like and dislike about their seats, and what do the kids like and dislike about it? Post pics if you like. :-) I'm looking for ideas!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Replies (61-69):
pregnantmama105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
ds was just switched into his new seat. its a safety first alpha omega 65 3-1 (2013) we switched him back to rf because he fits the requirments for the new seat (his old seat which will be his sisters. he reached the max height at 17m so he was ff for a few months.) his sisters seat is a safety first Serena (sp) convertable carseat XL... she isn't born yet
ZombieMeat
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My daughter is 7 and rides in a Britax Frontier, still harnessed and forward facing.
Emmaleigha
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My son is 2 and my daughter is almost 1 (both rear facing) and they are both in Britax Boulevard 70-G3
And in Feb we will have one in a Britax Chaparone.
AjsMom0508
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM
He is 5 and boostered in an Evenflo SecureKid 400. He was harnessed in the same seat until about 6 months ago when he outgrew the harness. Prior to that he was in an Britax Boulevard which he also RF in until just before he turned 3.
SweetOrangeMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM
My daughter is almost 17 so just seatbelts for her, there are boosters she could fit in though lol. My son just turned 3 & is rear facing in a True Fit. I love the safety features & he will fit in it for a very long time.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My four year ild is in an evenflo maestro. Love it.

My two month old is in a graco my ride 70
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I strap mine to the bumper using bungee cords. Car trips are so quiet .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM
LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I strap mine to the bumper using bungee cords. Car trips are so quiet .

MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

ODS is six next month and rides in a Graco MySize.  He has another inch before he'll outgrow it, and then he'll switch with YDS (four next month), who is currently in an Evenflo Maestro.  DD is 18 months and RF in a Combi Coccoro.  I love all three of their seats for very different reasons, but most specifically because I can fit all three of them in my backseat without issue. 

The MySize is one I would recommend to anyone looking for a convertible seat right now unless their child was in the higher percentile for weight than height.  It has the highest RFing shell on the market right now, a 40lb RF limit and 70lb FF limit, no rethread harness, and super easy install.  The only complaint I have about it is that it has a really useless cupholder that sometimes makes it difficult to squeeze next to another seat.  My almost six year old rode in it RF a few months ago and was still within the limits and comfortable. YDS and then DD will probably use it until booster age, which is awesome to me. 

I got the CCO because we needed a convertible that would fit an infant well and squeeze into our three across in our backseat.  I love it, but it is not as long-lasting as I would like.  She'll probably outgrow it not long after two. 

I like the Maestro for the price, and it's one of the longer lasting FF harnessed seats height-wise.  But when used as a booster, DS falls over when he falls asleep.  His Harmony Dreamtime (which resides with the grandparents) works much better for that. 

Knowing what I know now, I would start with a great long lasting convertible like the MySize and get a dedicated booster when my kids outgrew that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured