Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im freaking out here?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

We just rescued a stray dog a week or so ago, we finally got a chance to take him to the vet today and he has hookworms.  We treated him right away, and they should clear up in less than 3 weeks we take him back to get him tested again.  Im worried about my 2 little girls.  one is 3 and the other is 6.  He is a little puppy and has been licking them and all, and my youngest does play outside barefoot once in a while.  I will not let her go barefoot anymore, and I have tried to clean up as much poop as I could find (we have a semi big yard and its hard to figure out where all he pooped)  I am freaking out.. Do I call their pediatricians?  Should I get them tested?  I googled online and all it did was freak me out even more, saying you can even die from getting worms from dogs.  Please give me a piece of mind.  Has your kid ever gotten worms from your infected animals?  Have you had an infected animal around your kids and them turn out okay?  Please give me some kind of peace of mind. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Relax. Everything will be fine. It's not all that common to get worms from animals. It *does* happen but rarely.
ashwee356
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ewww.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Idk but hugs. Maybe call the dr in the am and ask. Good luck and relax! Lol :)

Corinnesingh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Relax hon... The way to get worms from an animal( I went thru this) is if one of the kids swollow an egg... You can call the pediatrician.. There is even an over the counter medication you can buy just in case. I forget the name , but ask your pharmacist . It's just a little pill. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)