Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this how normal people feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Everyday, going back as far as I can remember clearly (teenage years, at some point) I have felt "off" EVERY. DAY. For atleast 10 years. I can count on one hand the number of days when I felt absolute clarity & felt the way a "normal person" feels. Where I did NOT feel dizzy or disconnected or just strange.

At one point in time I had almost-daily headaches that ended in half my face & one arm going numb.

I always feel like I'm very light on my feet, almost "floating" as I walk around or sit. I'm very clumsy/klutzy.

I feel dizzy/light headed every day. I almost feel as though I am off in space, like I don't observe things as clearly as other people. Like there's something physically separating me/my vision/my concentration.

I'm cold ALL the time.

My left hand/arm constantly tingles, sometimes worse than others, and sometime it is even painful.

I feel like there's a constant unpleasant pressure on my face/eyes/neck.

I sleep more than most people & get up in the day & take naps again.

I just don't feel right. Or normal. And I just want someone to take me seriously & not just take one look & say the tiredness is depression/anxiety & the dizziness must be allergies.

Does ANYONE else feel this way? I don't care if it's nothing or something terrible but I just need to fucking know what is wrong with me...

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
2 moms liked this
You should see a neurologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HumanBeing
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
What do your doctors say?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Nothing yet. I'm going on Friday. My friend just brought it to my attention that this isn't normal. I always chalked up being dizzy ALL the time (even through the winter) that I MUST have an allergy. And the other stuff I just brushed off...

I always just assumed this is how the world feels/looks to me & that nothing could be done about it. I got accustomed to it.

Quoting HumanBeing:

What do your doctors say?

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how I feel when I have a hangover,so,no. That's not normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Extremely not normal. Let us know about your dr appt and what you find out.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM

This

Quoting Nicoleb9:

You should see a neurologist.

stargaze281
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
do you have high cholesterol or blood pressure?? Are you over weight? Do you eat right or do you eat fast foods?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
You just described me.Please keep us updated after you see the doctor.
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I get strong dissociative symptoms from time to time, but none of the physical stuff (aside from being clutzy). You should definitely see a neurologist. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)