Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you tell your daughter the truth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this
About sex?

My parents told me that you can get pregnant after having sex one time. Although that is true the truth is you will only have a 24 hour window to actually get pregnant once a month. So what about all the other days in the month?

Will you tell your daughter the truth about a women's body and that actually knowing your cycles and knowing about that window? I honestly didn't learn about that until after my kids were born.

I want to tell my daughter the complete truth so she is truly aware of her own body. And maybe even plan accordingly before she has sex and avoid those certain days.

What is the fertile window?

The fertile window is made up of the days in the menstrual cycle where pregnancy is possible. The length of the fertile window has been determined by documenting the farthest away from ovulation that intercourse can result in conception. To determine the length of the fertile window and the probability of pregnancy relative to ovulation we need to know the maximum lifespan of the male sperm in the female reproductive tract. While the human ovum has a lifespan that is likely not more than 24 hours, making conception highly unlikely after the day of ovulation, the lifespan of the sperm is potentially longer and more variable.

I'm so surprised by how many women in here actually don't know the true facts of there own body. It's really sad.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
i will tell her the truth. my mom told me nothing.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Yes.
I hate sugar coating and beating around
The bush.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
23 moms liked this
24hrs... This is not true.
keisha613
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM
10 moms liked this
I will tell her she can get pregnant any time she has sex, which is the truth.
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM

same... i will tell them both the truth... i wasnt told the full truth

Presley77
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
sperm can live longer than 24 hours so that doesn't mean you can only get pregnant from having sex that very day. But yes I will tell my girl the truth about her body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
14 moms liked this

I dont have a daugther, but on a funny side noted. My 8 year old and I were talking in the car tonight about me possibly having another baby. He said "I have xray vision and I dont see any more eggs in your body". I said "what do you know about eggs?" he said " well daddy said you have eggs and when they decide to hatch, you have a baby in your belly. If it hasnt happened in 9 years, its just not gonna happen" lmao! Gotta love kids!

kiernansmom08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
you have more than a 24 hour window. and yes i will tell my children the truth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM

wtf, you're kidding correct? Yes I'll tell them and I'll tell them everything!

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yeah, except some women's cycles are so fucked up that they ovulate more than once a month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN