Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you tell your daughter the truth?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
About sex?

My parents told me that you can get pregnant after having sex one time. Although that is true the truth is you will only have a 24 hour window to actually get pregnant once a month. So what about all the other days in the month?

Will you tell your daughter the truth about a women's body and that actually knowing your cycles and knowing about that window? I honestly didn't learn about that until after my kids were born.

I want to tell my daughter the complete truth so she is truly aware of her own body. And maybe even plan accordingly before she has sex and avoid those certain days.

What is the fertile window?

The fertile window is made up of the days in the menstrual cycle where pregnancy is possible. The length of the fertile window has been determined by documenting the farthest away from ovulation that intercourse can result in conception. To determine the length of the fertile window and the probability of pregnancy relative to ovulation we need to know the maximum lifespan of the male sperm in the female reproductive tract. While the human ovum has a lifespan that is likely not more than 24 hours, making conception highly unlikely after the day of ovulation, the lifespan of the sperm is potentially longer and more variable.

I'm so surprised by how many women in here actually don't know the true facts of there own body. It's really sad.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Either did mine. She gave me a book to read, and said there ya go. I went years terrified that I had sex I could have gotten pregnant. I wish I was more educated with my own body. It's so sad lol but I want my dd to be prepared.

Quoting eesmommy:

i will tell her the truth. my mom told me nothing.
onaflowers
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Isn't it like 3-5 days you ovulate? (depending on your cycle)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. However the real truth is don't be having sex unless you're ready for the possible consequences. The science is fine but I don't want my kid having sex too young either.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM

around the bush *giggle snort* ;)

Quoting cateringtomel:

Yes.
I hate sugar coating and beating around
The bush.

mommy2two25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Same here! I got pregnant with her & her sister the first time we started trying!! Birth control always worked for us but when we went without I was pregnant right away... Fertile mertile here ;)

Quoting keisha613:

I will tell her she can get pregnant any time she has sex, which is the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

yes dd will know the truth but please do not let your child think there is only one day a month that she can become pregnant. thats just not true

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao.
At least someone got it!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

around the bush *giggle snort* ;)

Quoting cateringtomel:

Yes.

I hate sugar coating and beating around

The bush.

JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I will tell her the truth, but ill make sure my info is correct before I share it with her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)