Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD in this situation,?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok my sister just texted me she doesn't know what to do anymore she is very frustrated because a friend of hers keeps asking for rides. At first she didn't mind but now it is an everyday thing, she (her friend) is currently unemployed and is disabled And without a car, she enrolled her daughter into a school that is in a different district because she likes the area but never has a way to get there so she keeps asking my sister to take her from and back, imagine how many trips she's taking everyday and her friend doesn't give her gas money. She is getting extremly annoyed because she only looks for her when she needs her, I hate that too. Anyways she doesn't know what to do, she doesn't want to be mean but if she can't find a ride for her child to go to the school she is now why not just enroll her in the one she belongs to? What would you do or say?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
If she went ahead and enrolled her kid in another district and has no car, she's planning on making your sis into her permanent unpaid chauffeur. Better derail that plan before it's too late to change it. Your sis is looking at years of servitude.
AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Where I live you can. It's called school of choice. A student can enroll in whatever district they choose to as long as there is a school of choice opening and they are willing to provide transportation.

As for your sisters situation OP your sister just needs to be upfront with her and tell she needs to find other arrangements.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't just enroll a child in another district bc you like it better. You have to apply for a transfer or have someone authorize you live with them in that district. Did she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yup exactpy what I told her.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Be upfront with her and say it's too much for me and not my responsibility. No need to dance around the issue and make excuses. Kwim?
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Grow a pair and tell her "No".  She could even be nice about it and say 'starting next week I can't give you rides anymore'.

Also, how did she enroll her kid in the wrong district?  My guess is she used someone else's address, which is illegal.   Helping someone who falls in a bad spot is one thing, helping someone who intentionally puts themselves in a bad spot with no thought of how to deal with it is another. 

cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I would call her TONIGHT and tell her that I am happy I have been able to help her so much with rides, but I am exhausted from all the driving and spending too much $ on gas, so I can't do it anymore. Simple as that. Don't be a doormat or people will walk on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
What state is she at? Um asking BC this sounds so familiar lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
She just needs to say "sorry I dont have gas" the girl has no money to give so problem solved!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Umm texas lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What state is she at? Um asking BC this sounds so familiar lol
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Simple.  "No."

Why would your sister even care about this "friendship" when the girl only calls her when she needs something? Screw that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Because she doesn't have many friends but she told me that this is why she hates people and she has no friends, she has told her no many times but she gives in but I told her to say that her husband won't let her and that she needs rest because she's about ready to pop,

Quoting CeeGee81:

Simple.  "No."

Why would your sister even care about this "friendship" when the girl only calls her when she needs something? Screw that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)