Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reluctant or lovin' it SAHM/WM?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: I am a . . .

Options:

thrilled SAHM. This is THE life. And I'll continue it after kids are out of the house if i can

I am content-ish as a SAHM. As soon as I feel the kids are old enough to not need me, I'm getting a job

I'm a desperate SAHM. Putting out job applications and looking for childcare ASAP!

I'm a thrilled WM. This is THE life for me and even if I won the lottery, I'd still keep working.

I am a content-ish WM. I see myself working for the forseeable future, but if DH got a big enough payraise to equal my pay I'd love to stay home

I'm a desperate WM. I'm counting pennies every night plotting some way, any way I can stay home with my kiddos

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

So you've made your choice to be a SAHM or a WM. How do you feel about your choice?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM

is anyone still awake to tell me what they think? :)

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Well my option isn't there. I love being a SAHM and will continue to do so but once all of my children start school, I will be working hours similar to their school hours.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I love my job.
So I'll stay
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I am a thrilled working mom but if I won the lottery id be traveling with my kids.
JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I have had my moments of desperation, mostly financial reasons, sometimes sanity reasons, but overall, I am happy being a SAHM.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM

That's exactly what I was going to say. 

Quoting Elayna90:

Well my option isn't there. I love being a SAHM and will continue to do so but once all of my children start school, I will be working hours similar to their school hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I love being a SAHM. Once they are in school I'll probably start working or volunteering. I can't stay at home with nothing to do.
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Loving every minute of being home with my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM

i don't call working the hours that kids are in school being a SAHM. That's what i plan to do, and I selected contentish b/c i plan to get a job (during school hours) soon as the kids are in school.

Quoting Elayna90:

Bleacher-mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I love being at home, even though I have more going on and much more resposiblities homeschooling them amoung writing books and everything else then I did when I was working. But once the kids are older, I will be going back to get degree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN