Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

having another baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
So, I might be pregnant and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to be or not but I am excited about the possibility. I am kind of hoping that I am.
But... my family is going to be pretty upset if I am. We have a small, tight-knit family and they already think I have too many children.
The timing is good for us though and we have already decided one more and done. So if I am, I plan on not telling my family until they come out and ask. Because I don't want to deal with what they have to say. My mom is the only person who will be supportive so I will tell her. I just wish they could be happy for us instead of putting everything in a negative light.

Not really asking a question just kind of venting about something that's on my mind.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmom321
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Tell them all if you are. They will all get over it. Good luck. How many kids you have?
butterflymama21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Well congratulations hope it works out for ya ;) Now only if I can get pregnant. :( sigh
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

They'll still make comments even if you confirm only because the ask. Just tell 'em if you end up with a BFP and ignore their comments.

Hell, you can make a comment in response asking that if they cannot be supportive to not voice their negative feelings to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I don't even WANT to tell them. I want to be able to tell my mom and my bff and othet friends who I know will be happy and supportive.
I am the only child. No siblings, no cousins. Last Christmas, my aunts and uncles were complaining that it's too many kids to buy for, etc and I told them that they didn't have to buy anything but I enjoyed teaching my kids that holidays should be spent with loved ones in a happy surrounding and if they didn't want us thete because they felt obligated to buy something, that was fine. My mom bitched everyone out and my grandma patched things up well before the holidays. Lol but it is constant that they complain we don't do stuff with them but when we try they always have excuses or expect it to be kid free (even if they want to come to our house) I am done inviting or even trying to maintain close relationships with them.
Oh and I have 3 kids so it isn't like I have a ton. My kids also adore each other and in the last couple of weeks, my oldest two have been asking when will they have a new brother or sister (which is why, along with several symptoms I think it is a possibility)

Quoting isaiahsmom321:

Tell them all if you are. They will all get over it. Good luck. How many kids you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)
And I am sorry. I'll blow some baby dust yout way and hope it happens soon :)

Quoting butterflymama21:

Well congratulations hope it works out for ya ;) Now only if I can get pregnant. :( sigh

lovemyhoney
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Wow, they bitch at you for having three kids? Yeah, I would not surround myself with negative people. Family or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:06 AM
They had plenty to say about the last one. And I just let it roll off. Lots of talking behind my back and little passive-aggressive comments. My family is so judgemental of every little thing.
The only reason I don't cut ties is for my grandparents. And they won't be supportive but they won't say anything either. Just that it is my life and I should do what makes me happy.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

They'll still make comments even if you confirm only because the ask. Just tell 'em if you end up with a BFP and ignore their comments.

Hell, you can make a comment in response asking that if they cannot be supportive to not voice their negative feelings to you.

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Its not their life, they'll get over it. 

DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM

If it's what you and your DH want, then CONGRATS!!!!  I hope you are, too!  :)   Would you prefer a boy or girl -- or does it not matter?   Have you started kicking potential names around?    How old are your other kid(s) -- do you think they'll be excited?

As for the rest of your family who might not be happy for you -- I can't understand that, but WHO CARES???  :D    WE will be happy for you instead!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Yep. I know it is hard on my aunt by marriage because she badly wants kids but can't have any but she just tries to avoid it and doesn't say anything to me other than nice things but it hurts her. My uncle however has gone as far as to say that since it is so easy for me maybe I should let them adopt (said about my last while I was still pregnant) the rest of my aunts and uncles don't have kids either but it is by choice. And none of them are kid people.

I don't cut ties for my grandparents. They are old and hate any disagreement or issues in the family. They may not agree with my choices and in serious conversation may give an opinion if I ask for it, but anybody else who says anything around them better watch out.

My family is the kind who are extremely passive agressive and can be very cruel behind a person's back but never say it to my face.
My biggest issue is that they now treat my mom like an outsider because they say since I have so many kids and my mom does a lot with us that we have our own little family now and it hurts her that her siblings treat her that way. But even she has said that when the day comes and my grandparents are no longer here, there will be no more reasons to keep associating with them.

Quoting lovemyhoney:

Wow, they bitch at you for having three kids? Yeah, I would not surround myself with negative people. Family or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)