Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant stand it anymore!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
No matter what I do my 4 yr dd wants nothing to do with me. just daddy daddy daddy! she tells me all the time I'm mean and she don't love me tonight before bed she broke my heart even more by saying she can't wait till her real mommy comes for her. I don't know where she is getting this! and I ain't mean! I may raise my voice every once in a while but its not like I don't give her 10 or more warnings before hand! and since daddy works 12 hour night shifts and she is in school during the day its hard for them to see each other! I just had to vent and get off my chest!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Did you ask her why she doesn't think you are her mom? Could someone be telling her those things? And I am sorry, I hope it gets better soon.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Yeah they cross over around 2.5 yrs old.  From a total Mommy's girl they become a Daddy's girl.  Dont worry, it happens to biological Mothers too and not just step-Mothers.  I learned that the first time with my first daughter, so I made sure that I relished all my cuddle time with our second daughter because I knew the change was going to happen.  She is now 3.5 yrs old and always calls out for Daddy first :*(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I am her real mother

Quoting MixedCooke:

Yeah they cross over around 2.5 yrs old.  From a total Mommy's girl they become a Daddy's girl.  Dont worry, it happens to biological Mothers too and not just step-Mothers.  I learned that the first time with my first daughter, so I made sure that I relished all my cuddle time with our second daughter because I knew the change was going to happen.  She is now 3.5 yrs old and always calls out for Daddy first :*(

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am her real mother

Quoting MixedCooke:

Well anyway, the saying isnt "Daddy's girl" for no reason. Its natural for that to happen.
SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Have you talked to her about her feelings? It may be a good time to see a child therapist. It could be just s phase or it could be something mental going on. Hugd mama
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww thats so heartbreaking. Your dh needs to make it a point to show her how much he loves you. I am not saying he doesnt just that since she looks up to him so much the more affectionate he is with you the more she will be. I have a daddies girl myself and it very sweet but ya if she ever said that to me i would be crushed.

sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this

My daughter is only 9 months and she already prefers daddy. I think its because I'm with her 99% of the time and daddy is a treat. It makes me smile everyday when he comes home and she's SO excited to see him but I think I die a little too lol.

2jeffsmom
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Does dad do anything to help the situation? He should be showing by example the love for you.

want10more
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:03 AM

ah she's just using you. she's not gettin her way all the time w/ you is she? but ahhhhh daddy does, cuz he doesn't get to see her often nuff. when she says that to you just say, ah, that sux, cuz i love you to the MOON! when she gets in trouble, start to say, oik i'm gonna call your dad then. it's backup and makes her know that daddy backs up momma.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Did you really write "I ain't mean?"

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured