Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be weird?? Fabric tutu.........

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

Would it be weird to see a 7 or 8 year old girl wearing a fabric tutu? I am thinking of making a few for my girls, I think they would love them and wear them more then a regular tutu due to the regular tutu's being too itchy. Has anyone here made a fabric tutu or have any pictures they would like to share of ones they have made, or bought?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GeekyMommyKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I think it would be cute.

But I don't know about a "normal" tutu being too itchy. My 13 month old wears hers with no problem.
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM

It may just be because my girls don't normally wear tutus, or perhaps its just the tutu dresses that are too itchy, they are both wearing tutu dresses for Halloween and they just really complain about it being too itchy so my youngest dd will be wearing a slip under her tutu dress and my oldest will probably wear a spaghetti strap shirt and some leggings under her tutu dress........I think a fabric tutu would be better for them too.

Quoting GeekyMommyKate:

But I don't know about a "normal" tutu being too itchy. My 13 month old wears hers with no problem.

GeekyMommyKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM
No judgment. I think it would be really cute. :)

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

It may just be because my girls don't normally wear tutus, or perhaps its just the tutu dresses that are too itchy, they are both wearing tutu dresses for Halloween and they just really complain about it being too itchy so my youngest dd will be wearing a slip under her tutu dress and my oldest will probably wear a spaghetti strap shirt and some leggings under her tutu dress........I think a fabric tutu would be better for them too.

Quoting GeekyMommyKate:

horseap
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I think the dresses are worse than the tutus themselves. I have seen tutus with strips of fabric added to them but I dont think I have ever seen just a fabric tutu.  For the dresses I always make a slip underneath so its not to bad.Gracies is gray and you can see it just over her knee.

Taylors is white you can see it the poof out of the top. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured