Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT***I cant believe this. Is this Wrong or right? (Daycare)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
I just want your opinions on this, I know ill hear different opinions so here is goes. I was looking for a daycare for my now 7months old since I wanted to go back to work. All the daycares in my area have no places available and the waiting lists go all the way to 2015. So wow then I started checking out daycares that are at home.. Some were really expensive and some were too far. So later on I found one that seemed o.k. That was two streets away from my home and there was a place available for a baby between 6months-12months so I called the lady and she told me she had just gave the place to somebody else and that she is complete at her daycare. So for the moment im a sahm with dd at home everyday. One morning about 1week or 2 after I spoke to this lady, i walk to the bank. While getting out of my appartment building with dd, I saw this lady with 5kids (3who seemed to be around 4, one about 2or 3 years old and the last was a baby around my dd age and he was in a stroller). This looked like a home daycare who was going out for a walk. So I arrive at the bank and when I get out I see her goong to the bank with the kids. After the bank I went to the pharmacie close by. When I get out I see her come in with the kids to buy some stuff. Then I was talking on the phone so i just stayed in front of the store. I see her get out and walk towards the grocery store. And the kids just following. This lady was doing her personal stuff while at work. I know this was the lady i called because I heard one of the kids yell her name because he was getting bored. I feel like just forgetting going back to work and be a sahm. I mean she could of at least brought them to the park or something i mean come on this is a daycare! go do your shit some other time. Is this acceptable to you or not? ******EDIT****** : since this post was made I saw this lady 5 other times. At walmart, bank again, pharmacie BUYING mAKEUP!!, and at starbucks. And yes it is the lady i called she. Was talking to a lady next to me at walmart saying those arent her kids and that she works in a daycare and so on. She said her name and where her daycare was. Yeah it was exactly who i thought it was. The kids wouldnt stop yelling that this was so boring while she was buying some makeup. Lol how ridiculious.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this

So when do you expect her to run her errands? She has a house full of kids 5 days a week all day...it is likely that the parents know that on X day she takes them to do what she needs to do....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I watch a little boy and he goes everywhere with me even my doctor appointments for my children
BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Not only is that not acceptable but it is not allowed if the woman is a licensed home daycare provider.  I am a provider and we are not even supposed to do laundry in our own home while the kids are here.  We are told specifically that errands should be ran on our own time.  Thankfully right now I only do before and after school care but when they are here on days off I am strictly about the kids and we do go to the park, and for walks to look at nature.  Or we stay in and do crafts and sing and dance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM
4 moms liked this
After work like everybody else. Im not going to pay you to go do your errands while my kid just follows around and gets bored
She is paid for doing her job and thats a daycare

Quoting Anonymous:So when do you expect her to run her errands? She has a house full of kids 5 days a week all day...it is likely that the parents know that on X day she takes them to do what she needs to do....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM

when do you expect her to do her errands, at night when the bank is closed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM

In the evening or on the weekends, that is when my babysitter does hers and I have to do mine.

Quoting Anonymous:

So when do you expect her to run her errands? She has a house full of kids 5 days a week all day...it is likely that the parents know that on X day she takes them to do what she needs to do....

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this

How do you know she didn't take them to a park to play? I see nothing wrong with it, as long as I know you are taking them somwhere.

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
3 moms liked this

As long as the kid are in a safe environment and getting outside, what's the problem?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You have no idea who this lady is just because the little boy called out her name. Many people have the same name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Exceptable as long as the parents are aware that she takes them out. An in hone daycare is nit the same as a center...it is a home, therefore anything a home or family does can go on with the kiddos in tow. It has pros and cons...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN