Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My heartbreaking confession.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Despite having a B on all of my written tests and clinical (hospital) paperwork, I was kicked out of nursing school yesterday (on my and DH's anniversary) because I messed up on my skills test twice. I was just 14 months away from becoming a RN and yesterday my dream was flushed down the toilet. We only get 2 tries to show a professor we have mastered a skill. If we don't master it in those two tries we are dismissed from the program, even if we have great grades on everything else. My professor said I was an excellent student but rules are rules. I am at work but I can't stop crying. I am ashamed and hurt and disappointed and I really just want to be home under the covers. I will never get over this. I am so depressed and have no interest in ever do anything again.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I'm sorry. That really sucks.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Oh. That sucks. I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I'm sorry. =(

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
8 moms liked this

Yes you WILL.

Just accept that you weren't ready yet in that aspect and pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and GET READY for the next enrollment where you CAN and SHOULD try again!

Honey, do you think you're the first person to fail that portion? You also certainly will not be the last.

You know where your weaknesses are now, build on those and make them become your strengths and kick SO MUCH FUCKING ASS next time! You can do it! Chin up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Nursing school isn't that hard. Which skill was it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry. That's awful. I know you don't want to hear this, but never forget that a door never closes without a window opening. You can either stand and wait for the door to open again, or you can get busy climbing through the window. Things will improve, may not seem like it now, but they will.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Your dreams aren't down the drain. There are other schools.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am sorry that happened though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

THIS!! EXACTLY!!!! Hang in there!! I'm so sorry that it happened on your anniversary though! I'm sure that made it even worse for you!! YOU can do whatever you set your mind to doing!! Hugs OP!!  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Yes you WILL.

Just accept that you weren't ready yet in that aspect and pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and GET READY for the next enrollment where you CAN and SHOULD try again!

Honey, do you think you're the first person to fail that portion? You also certainly will not be the last.

You know where your weaknesses are now, build on those and make them become your strengths and kick SO MUCH FUCKING ASS next time! You can do it! Chin up.

Queenfrostine81
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

You can try again, you aren't the first person to fail and you wont be the last.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)