Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage is crazy.

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 40 Replies

Does anyone else feel this way? 

I'm not a marriage hater and I don't think that people shouldn't get married. However I do think the basis of marriage is insane. You pretty much sign your life over to another person. You have to pay to break-up. Pay with half of your property to the other person. 

That's down right craziness. 

Love isn't defined by a document, but the document defines your life. 

Too many people use marriage as a solution or a scapegoat. 

"I know my spouse is a terrible person, but we're going to get married because it makes me look/feel better about myself." 

What an odd thing marriage is. 

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Marriage is expensive to get in, more expensive to get out.

--Me.

TaylorBaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

yup, i agree. i'm married at the moment but mroe than likely getting a divorce. i'm not doing it again that's for sure.

HippiPotPi419
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

agreed

RJC78
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Agreed.  I don't need it but nothing against those that do.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I got married because I couldnt imagine myself being with anyone else. I wanted to share my life and have babies with him. That is something  I would never do outside of a marriage.  I also wanted the security marriage brings. I understand its not for everyone but its certainly been awesome for me. I've been married 31 yrs to the same groom.

Chrissywissy
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You clearly have no understanding of what a real marriage is, and if you live with someone for over 7 years you have to do the same thing as a regular marriage...without the paper of course. I did not sign my life over to my husband, we gave eachother our hearts and made a vow to God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry you don't have many people in good marriages around you.   I have been married 20 years and we got married because we love each other.  We gladly have given our lives to each other and now our children. It isn't a sacrifice at all but something we both wanted. We don't have to give half of anything to each other we both give 100 percent.  We haven't broken up and won't plan our break up.  Many are not strong enough for marriage and what it entails and that is OK it isn't for everyone and especially not the weak. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
It's only as complicated as people make it or want it to be.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:14 PM

There are people who without a doubt can live a happy married life. I'm not saying that people SHOULDN'T get married. If you are truly a couple that wants to spend your life so-be-it. There are just too many people it seems that shouldn't get married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)