Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
For a child hitting my car.

I was at the end of a street (no stop sign but there should be) waiting for it to clear so I could turn. In order to see part of the street I have to be right up close and basically block the side walk. I hate doing it but I cannot see part of the street otherwise and people go 50+ down this road. At this time of day it is very busy.

Well there was a girl standing at the end of the sidewalk facing the road when I pulled up (so she saw my car). She turned around to wait for her mom to catch up. Well as her mom got near her, the girl turned to run across the street (not a good idea considering people speed down this road also and don't stop since there is no stop sign). Well she ran smack into the side of my car.

I put my car in park and got out. She wasn't hurt, but her mom was pissed. She was yelling at me for hitting her daughter. I didn't hit her, she hit me. She threatened to call the police and I told her to go ahead. She decided not to.

I did call the non emergency line just to make sure I couldn't get in trouble if the lady had grabbed my tag number and decided to call later. They said unless she had actual proof that I hit her daughter and ran, there is nothing they can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I find it hard to believe she didn't see a silver suv come into her line of sight while she was looking around. Even then I didn't yell at the child or the mom. I got out to make sure the girl was ok and not badly hurt. I think she was more embarrassed than hurt. I went to help her up and get mom was telling at me.

Quoting Anonymous:

while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM

She was probably just scared and over-reacted.

llamaqueen
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Sucks man. I'm kinda short on cash too. Better than I have been though so things are looking up. The one time I saw a scam like that, the guy backed down pretty quick after the person who "hit" him told him to go ahead and call the cops. That's why I thought of it. I know if I truly believed someone hit my child I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

She picked the wrong chick Lmao. I am so broke right now. She might have gotten a dime from me.

Quoting llamaqueen:She was probably hoping you would pay her off. Give her some money or something not to call the cops. I've seen it happen before.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Well I have a job interview next week so hopefully things will get better.

Trust me if I had actually hit the girl I would have been getting our of my car crying while calling 911! There would have not been enough I am sorry' s coming out of my mouth.

Quoting llamaqueen:

Sucks man. I'm kinda short on cash too. Better than I have been though so things are looking up. The one time I saw a scam like that, the guy backed down pretty quick after the person who "hit" him told him to go ahead and call the cops. That's why I thought of it. I know if I truly believed someone hit my child I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

She picked the wrong chick Lmao. I am so broke right now. She might have gotten a dime from me.

Quoting llamaqueen:She was probably hoping you would pay her off. Give her some money or something not to call the cops. I've seen it happen before.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:Oh I get the mama bear part totally. But it was just funny to see her reaction go there. If she calls, she calls. Police come out I will be polite and speak to them nicely.

Quoting llamaqueen:Sounds fucked. I get the mama bear instinct but she had to have seen her daughter run into your car. It was probably a scam.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Yeah. That is why I didn't yell back. Figured yelling would make things worse.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissanoel
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I had a similar experience with some crazy woman. I was driving through my old neighborhood going about 5 miles an hour when this kid just walked right in front of my car. I was going slow, so I slammed on my brakes and then went on to my house after he crossed. Next thing I know I've got this crazy bitch coming up to my driveway yelling at me for almost "killing" her son. People are insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

you still cant assume what was in another persons head, or what they saw.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

I find it hard to believe she didn't see a silver suv come into her line of sight while she was looking around. Even then I didn't yell at the child or the mom. I got out to make sure the girl was ok and not badly hurt. I think she was more embarrassed than hurt. I went to help her up and get mom was telling at me.

Quoting Anonymous:

while the mom was probably being a bitch, you cant just assume the kid saw you, you dont know where she was looking or if she was paying attention.

Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I just know if I seen my child hit or be hit by a car,I would be so frightened who knows where my mind would be. Good call not making it worse lol. Im assuming the child and car are ok?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting Sinistercookie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM
She was running in to the road so one would hope she was paying attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:58 PM
The car is old so if she happen to dent it I would probably would never know lol. Girl was ok as far as I could tell. She didn't hit very hard, but feel back on her butt. I think she was more embarrassed than anything. It was equivalent to talking to someone turning around and running into a door that is right there.

Quoting Sinistercookie:

I just know if I seen my child hit or be hit by a car,I would be so frightened who knows where my mind would be. Good call not making it worse lol. Im assuming the child and car are ok?

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting Sinistercookie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)